2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to make everyone available and sell as many as possible. Anything other than a complete rebuild won't work.
But you can't rebuild in one window Tim

Look, I'd be open to offers for anyone. And I think the club will be.

That doesn't mean you sell 7-8 starters in one window and expect progress.

Keane or Mina
Gomes and Allan
Richarlison or DCl

There'll be the ones we aim to shift.

Tosun, Delph, Glyfi, Kenny, Lonergan leaving on a free

The likes or Holgate, Davies etc we'd need to keep if we get relegated.

Like you said, we need a quality CH, 2 CM and a new Attacker/Striker

You absolutely can. This sort of argument is why we are in a mess. Its total nonsense. If you really want to move players on you will find a way. And if selling one of your better players is what is needed then do it.

Spot on mate. Its the fans fault that the players didnt perform under Benitez.

Not his ineptitude in the transfer market last summer.

Not him ripping up Davide Ancelotti's effective set piece tactics

Not his terrible in play tactics or substitutions

Not him alientating players

Nothing to do with Benitez.

Hi loaf head,

I’d like to call absolute BS on the post. The argument sort of falls apart because the players were following his system, hence our ok start to the season.

However, as history would prove, once things go against him he’s unable, or unwilling to adapt to new ideas, and doubles down on his stubbornness.

That’s why we gained 4 points from a potential 30. And fans like you were happy to watch the club implode due to monumental mismanagement from him and the nobhead above.
Well done. You both responded without answering the questions I asked, cowards. So how about it? ...

Undoubtedly this was the single biggest own goal. No player is going to give his all for a manager or try to learn the new manager's systems and ideas - what's the point, they were thinking. He'll be gone in a few weeks ... they [the fans] already hate him. It so obviously undermined Benitez from the beginning.

The major critics of Benitez will not recognise this though. That yes, their over the top actions, contributed to the malaise that the club is in this season. It won't be the reason we go down, but they were a giant wrecking ball. Indeed it likely also had the consequence of making Benitez and his staff think 'why should we bother giving our all?' Do these fans realise how poisonous they were to the running of the club? A genuine question to any of them. Do they think they have any blame at all in this?

Keane or Mina
Gomes and Allan
Richarlison or DCl

There'll be the ones we aim to shift.

Tosun, Delph, Glyfi, Kenny, Lonergan leaving on a free

The likes or Holgate, Davies etc we'd need to keep if we get relegated.

Like you said, we need a quality CH, 2 CM and a new Attacker/Striker
There's time we offer Kenny and/or Delph a contract, still, don't you worry!

Well done. You both responded without answering the questions I asked, cowards. So how about it? ...

Undoubtedly this was the single biggest own goal. No player is going to give his all for a manager or try to learn the new manager's systems and ideas - what's the point, they were thinking. He'll be gone in a few weeks ... they [the fans] already hate him. It so obviously undermined Benitez from the beginning.

The major critics of Benitez will not recognise this though. That yes, their over the top actions, contributed to the malaise that the club is in this season. It won't be the reason we go down, but they were a giant wrecking ball. Indeed it likely also had the consequence of making Benitez and his staff think 'why should we bother giving our all?' Do these fans realise how poisonous they were to the running of the club? A genuine question to any of them. Do they think they have any blame at all in this?
So should people just sit back and happy clap like a bunch of tranquilliser seals regardless of what is served up to us?

You absolutely can. This sort of argument is why we are in a mess. Its total nonsense. If you really want to move players on you will find a way. And if selling one of your better players is what is needed then do it.
But who are the real issues at the club?

Jordan Pickford, Richarlison and Demarai Gray, or Mason Holgate, Andre Gomes and Michael Keane?

I'm not arguing we shouldn't be open to offers.

I'm arguing that if we stay up we don't sell all 6-7 of the players that are actually decent enough to be kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.