Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a masterstroke it was to move Gordon, when he was very effective operating on the left to the other wing. Words fail me sometimes. He did a similarly stupid thing v Burnley. Took the lad off when he was having a barnstormer.

Franko it's time to go!

I can explain it very easily:

The ref didn't want to get death threats or have bullets sent to him, so even if he didn't make a conscious choice to favour LFC (and I'm very open to the fact he may have done: cc going across to check Gordon had placed the ball on the right blade of grass for a corner - when have you last seen a ref do that), he still had 50,000 bloody thirsty people he had to "appease" for want of a better term. It's not 'right' but it's nothing less than I expected, and it's happened time and time before. Therefore objectively explainable.

As for VAR, could they this, should they that. We know it's random. Always has been. One day some gimp wants to decide he wants to show off his powers of scrutiny and find a stud out of place on Allan's lunge or spend 7 minutes drawing a line to show a nose hair offside; the next day some other random gimp wants the game to flow and doesn't want to get involved in "clear and obvious" because his deliveroo has just arrived and the fat cnut is hungry.

No matter who goes up or gets relegated, or wins a trophy or misses out on one, gets 3 points (or a shot a 3 points) or takes nothing; every club will feel aggrieved. I've never seen VAR as a "solution" to big team bias, just another layer to it. But that's not why we're 18th after 32 games, and it's not why we'll go down.

It seems as though ever since that Derby at Goodison last season refs are scared to go against them again.

What a masterstroke it was to move Gordon, when he was very effective operating on the left to the other wing. Words fail me sometimes. He did a similarly stupid thing v Burnley. Took the lad off when he was having a barnstormer.

Franko it's time to go!

When Trent hacked him down did anyone notice Coleman say something to Gordon like "keep going, you've got him every time".

That was ridiculous. Hands to the face on two different players and not even a review.

They know they can get away with it mate so they're not arsed. Klopp has the refs in his arse pocket and no-one will go against him.

They've had one decision go against them where Robertson rightly got sent off and you had Klopp at full time to the ref saying "whats your problem with me, its always you. I get on with all the other refs but you've got it in for me". Nothing happened.

Ancelotti asked why our goal was disallowed against Utd and got sent off.

Different rules

Status
Not open for further replies.