Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Listen

The ref was biased..the commentary was biased. That made me fume so much

But I don't understand people who have bigged up.the performance. It was an Fa cup league 1 team against prem team performance. Valiant but hey ho. I understand needs must but 20% possession....you don't get results from games with that position. And people are talking about we need to replicate this . Don't understand it. I would love if the players and team do find inspiration in it. And it's good we didn't get tonked. I understand that would have been very damaging to morale . Just I personally can't take anything from this game.

I don’t think he’s been ready mentally tbh, heard a few ‘stories’ about his social life. I think he’s probably getting ready to play now.

Fingers crossed he makes an impact. I think he’d do well with Rondon upfront tbh.
I hope he's ready now - we need to try something different in the forward positions. Lack of quality in front of goal

That's another matter entirely.

He shouldn't be commentating on a derby in the same way Gary Neville shouldn't on a Manchester derby.

But digs at his pronunciation/"can't understand him" etc. Maybe it's because I'm a scouser and the piss taking is from 2 non scousers but I find him easy to understand - unfortunately.

Poor pundit. Biased. Part of everything that's wrong with the modern "sporrs entertainment" product Etc etc. But park the way he talks shouts.

It's his whiny voice that gets me, and if Liverpool score he sound manic, his voice would be alright maybe on other programmes, such as the Moomins or perhaps the Tellytubbies. But like when Ritchie went down clutching his head/ ankle, you could clearly see on the replay he twists his ankle in landing. Carragher says "get up " immediately, no other thought in his mind. I know Ritchie goes down far too much at times, so I'm not being bias, maybe Carragher thought he was just play acting, but after seeing the replay, he should have at least retracted that. Also after that spitting incident with that child, he should have been sacked in the spot.

Yeah, it’s why I am confused reading some people saying it should have been at least a draw. Watching a different game from me.
Think we created quite a few chances and our game plan worked until their subs. Think people thought we should have had a draw because had we been awarded the penalty we would have been 1 up with 30 mins left. Granted we still might have lost but I thought we did well

It's his whiny voice that gets me, and if Liverpool score he sound manic, his voice would be alright maybe on other programmes, such as the Moomins or perhaps the Tellytubbies. But like when Ritchie went down clutching his head/ ankle, you could clearly see on the replay he twists his ankle in landing. Carragher says "get up " immediately, no other thought in his mind. I know Ritchie goes down far too much at times, so I'm not being bias, maybe Carragher thought he was just play acting, but after seeing the replay, he should have at least retracted that. Also after that spitting incident with that child, he should have been sacked in the spot.

He shouldn't be commentating mate for obvious reasons alone.

The fella is a biased balloon. He over compensates at every opportunity and he loses his bias filter when it 'really' matters.

His insight is also pretty limited.

For me, he's an example of a lot wrong with the modern game - or rather, 'sports entertainment'.

You've given loads of reasons to have a pop - all valid. But non-scousers saying they can't understand him as the sole critique and 'libpoofubawkkklub'. Nah, not for me that.

Mindful it's going off topic so keen we get back on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.