2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did great when he came on.

He's the right player, probably signed at the wrong time or with the expectation he would be able to work up his fitness level slowly but was thrust into starting games due to DCL injury.

His opening appearances gave a bad first impression but he's knuckled down, increased his fitness levels and now looks a useful option for the squad as backup.

I think he's an absolutely terrible player, when Richarlison went off, the lack of an energetic forward keeping the Chelsea defence honest was glaring. He is just not mobile enough to play in games like this. Having said that, he was more effective than DCL has been since his return. At least Rondon showed the desire and ability to pick up the ball with his back to goal and hold it up while he is waited for support.

Did a couple of things well, but he was on for 10 minutes and should have ran & pressured more. When we broke down the left, he was jogging towards the box when he should have been sprinting and at the very least, run to block and take the space of Rudiger who was sprinting back to help defend (which he did)

I don’t care if his name is Salmon Condom. If he can keep us afloat in the Premier League, I’ll call him whatever he wants.

Did great when he came on.

He's the right player, probably signed at the wrong time or with the expectation he would be able to work up his fitness level slowly but was thrust into starting games due to DCL injury.

His opening appearances gave a bad first impression but he's knuckled down, increased his fitness levels and now looks a useful option for the squad as backup.
when we signed him I wasn't unchuffed, I recalled him as a big fella, quite a handful and would chip in with a couple of goals, He was woefully unfit and I suppose the older you get, the harder it is to get fit again (very different to staying fit)

He did well today, I enjoyed his contribution

Shame benitez signed him on an eight year contract

Not one of the players you'd expect to sign when 500 mill to blow. A Benitez present not half

Seemed quite fit when he sprinted on whilst DCL was still looking for his hand bag key

Annoyed me when he was jogging into the penalty area when Gordon was sprinting with the ball towards goal at the end. Had he actually sprinted along side Gordon on the breakaway, it was a tap in and 2-0

Very poor self awareness and determination

I thought he did fine. Held the ball up well near the corner flag and then somehow got into the box before falling over. Even then the ball still bobbled to Dele Alli but he miscontrolled.

Doubt he'll be starting this season but he has shown a couple of times he can be alright option to run down the clock so that will hopefully be needed a few more times.

Status
Not open for further replies.