2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondon did a solid job for FSW at Newcastle one season IIRC so did see logic in signing as no one thought DCL would be out for as long as he was when it first happened in September.

Problem is playing a couple of season in China massively chips away at intensity if you then come back to the prem and he was clearly way off the pace in his early starts.

Will just be a bit part player next season.
How much game time he sees next year will depend on which league we’re in. Hopefully he’ll be a bit part player!

He actually looks fit now
This. I screamed at him over the tv like we all did but it was not his fault that HWSNBN played him so many minutes when he was horribly unfit. Credit where it’s due- he kept his head down and kept at it. He couldn’t play 90 every week but I have no problem with him as a second half sub to bang bodies with the CBs when they’re tiring out. Almost paid off.

I mean he genuinely is rubbish in the grand scheme of things to be honest, but being rubbish doesn’t stop you from being a nuisance and he was a nuisance last night which helped us.

I have slaughtered the fella. But he did ok the other day. Held the ball up, bullied their centre halves etc. He's a decent target man and can bring others into the game. He looked way of match fitness when he first came. He wouldn't have been the guy I went for, but he's being used correctly now. If DCL and Richarlison go, which looks likely, and we get a striker in he's probably a useful bench option.

Status
Not open for further replies.