2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame benitez signed him on an eight year contract

Not one of the players you'd expect to sign when 500 mill to blow. A Benitez present not half

Seemed quite fit when he sprinted on whilst DCL was still looking for his hand bag key

I genuinely thought he was only on 12 month loan. Given he's 33 in September guess he'll morph into Cenk Tosun role if he does have a year/2 left on his deal e.g will forget he's here until he pops up on the bench for a league cup tie next season.

I genuinely thought he was only on 12 month loan. Given he's 33 in September guess he'll morph into Cenk Tosun role if he does have a year/2 left on his deal e.g will forget he's here until he pops up on the bench for a league cup tie next season.
Tongue in cheek on my part mate. Hes on a two year deal with option to extend

Considering we had Kean etc, seemed to be a panic signing on Benitez's part.

We need hungry and young strikers not the journeyman which rondon is

Hungry young Strikers normally want game time.

Players like Rondon are happy to play "when needed".

Ive no issue with the Rondon we have seen recently as our back up Striker, personally.

Rondon did a solid job for FSW at Newcastle one season IIRC so did see logic in signing as no one thought DCL would be out for as long as he was when it first happened in September.

Problem is playing a couple of season in China massively chips away at intensity if you then come back to the prem and he was clearly way off the pace in his early starts.

Will just be a bit part player next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.