2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me put it this way.

Mina hasn't been fit consistently the entire season.

He has just come back in and done 90 minutes and at no point have I questioned whether he was putting the effort in.

Can you say the same of Dom's performances since January?

The fitness thing doesn't wash for me when he's had about 10 games back and started most of them.

Let me put it this way.

He has just come back in and done 90 minutes and at no point have I questioned whether he was putting the effort in.

The fitness thing doesn't wash for me when he's had about 10 games back and started most of them.
The caveat to all that might be that he’s endured repeated injuries to a muscle that potentially may have a drastic impact on his long-term career prospects.

That might have a more marked impact on him in other ways. Or, as you say, he may simply not be bothered or isn’t willing to risk the above for us.

I’m not saying I believe the above by the way, but rather playing the devil’s advocate. Have we heard much from him regarding our current situation?

That’s more telling for me. You could argue that this club has helped make him, so it wouldn’t be too much to ask for that to be repaid.

Let me put it this way.

What if I told you that Mina and Delph only had niggles and could have played if they wanted?

The caveat to all that might be that he’s endured repeated injuries to a muscle that potentially may have a drastic impact on his long-term career prospects.

That might have a more marked impact on him in other ways. Or, as you say, he may simply not be bothered or isn’t willing to risk the above for us.

I’m not saying I believe the above by the way, but rather playing the devil’s advocate. Have we heard much from him regarding our current situation?

That’s more telling for me. You could argue that this club has helped make him, so it wouldn’t be too much to ask for that to be repaid.

He did give an interview and he was talking about winning trophies and his handbag collection.

It didn’t fill me with confidence.

As well as a muscle that plays a significant role in his better qualities like jumping

Hoping with a weeks full training he can be right for Leicester. They have been extremely vulnerable from set pieces this year, him and Mina could be a real threat from corners. Rodgers is clearly getting desperate in his search for solutions, given he left 3 players on the half way line for the first 70 mins when we had corners in the home game!
Only dilemma if they're both fit who is providing the crosses and set plays? Gordon who has definitely developed as a player is still so lackluster at set plays and we don't have anyone who is proficient at crosses either

I still feel he's not properly fit because his entire game has been deficient. Even in his fledgling years when his scoring wasn't prolific he could still hold the ball up and provide other contributions. Something just seems amiss, he's been a phantom on the pitch. Also if his head was turned and he's just apathetic now you think he'd want to advertise himself to prospective clubs.

What if I told you that Mina and Delph only had niggles and could have played if they wanted?

Yes there is a lot of unknowns in that statement.

I don't know the situation with all 3, however there are players who will play when not fit, and those who will want to be 100%. I'm not saying who is in what category, or which approach is wrong. I even said, after the United game, if I was Lampard I'd have has an honest conversation with DCL and asked him if he felt fit.

He looks like a lad to me, who has not fully recovered and doesnt trust his body. His timing for jumps etc is way off too.

I hope we sell for a good fee in the summer, but failing that would love to see him with a full pre season back to his best, playing with Gordon and Gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.