Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m being very bullish about this match tonight. I expect Everton to win. But there again I always expect Everton to win. I expect us to beat Man City and LIverpool. We rarely do. But we have to go into every match expecting to win. And we can’t be having Everton beat before a ball is kicked. So it’s all systems go for tonight. Win this match.
Hope those comments don’t come back to bite me. But imo it would be criminal if we let this one slip tonight. Criminal with a capital C.

And even if this Watford outfit do turn up…….We need to match them. No slipping back to old habits.
Pickford stays focused.( he’s been superb recently ) Our defence stays solid. No mistakes. Our midfield stays disciplined and gets control of this match. And our forwards are not wasteful with the enivatable chances that we will get..Hopefully Gray and Gordon can score. Also DCL if he plays.
And Iwobi keeps up his recent decent form…..
Ok……two and a half hours to go. A few early goals will easy any nerves.
Let’s rock and roll. And win this match. Up the Toffees…
Losing to an already relegated Watford team would be unforgivable. If we play to our best form, then it will be three points for us.

Any sort of win will do, but we should be looking at beating this lot with a bit to spare.

Mind games from Hodgson. Who would have thought.
But there again does he know what day it is? Does he know that he’s been sacked? Has he sorted out tactics for his team tonight. Because at the weekend he didn’t seem to know what team he was manager of.
Only joking. Poor old Hodgson. Let’s just add to his misery. Or should I say…….let’s add to Watfords misery. I suspect that Hodgson won’t be that worried. He will get the Southampton job soon…….
Hodgson is only lfc manager I actually like. Straight talking man who had principles, no wonder he didn’t fit in with the cult

What would be the point they are already down
These gits know all about 'snakery' though. They probably thought this was a good ploy to disrupt our preparation for the game.
Stuff them I say, and stuff it right up them and show them you need to be good to play mind games.

Up fast and hard from the off and show them we have not forgiven them for the game at Goodison. This one is for us. This one is for survival.
UTFT!

Hodgson is only lfc manager I actually like. Straight talking man who had principles, no wonder he didn’t fit in with the cult
Never really give much thought to Hodgson in the past. Didn’t really dislike him. He has been a steady old manager. Not great and not bad. Just steady.
This Watford job just seems to have been a job too far for him. But the Watford job seems to have been a job too far for a number of managers.
But he’s going. So let’s hope that Everton don’t give him anything to celebrate. No last hurrah for Hodgson tonight. Up the Toffees….

I agree - I also respected Shankly and Paisley. I am surprised that Watford fans seem to really dislike him. Maybe understandable as they are relegated.

Never really give much thought to Hodgson in the past. Didn’t really dislike him. He has been a steady old manager. Not great and not bad. Just steady.
This Watford job just seems to have been a job too far for him. But the Watford job seems to have been a job too far for a number of managers.
But he’s going. So let’s hope that Everton don’t give him anything to celebrate. No last hurrah for Hodgson tonight. Up the Toffees….
dont they have another home game after this - its not his last hurrah...?

Status
Not open for further replies.