Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a points. Far from ideal but it's done. My concern is that the players seemed a bit jaded - I like Lampard but I have to agree with others on here with the lack of substitutes to rotate the squad.

Any way, I do think we revert to 433 at home vs Brentford with DCL starting in place of Gray with Richarlison moving out to the left.

With Leeds losing thats a good away point.

Anything less than a win for Leeds next game and we'll practically be safe.

We were 5 adrift in the bottom 3 a couple of weeks ago. Not won away from home for 8 months and had Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester and Watford ahead of us, 3 of the 5 games away….

If someone had said we’d get 10 points from that a couple weeks ago I’d of told them to shut the door on the way out. After losing at Turf Moor and looking at that schedule of games I was sure we were gone.

Now we find ourselves 3 points from safety in my opinion and we have 3 games to grab them. I’d have taken that every time after that defeat at Burnley.

I think 3 points should do it. BUT.

Brentford (H)
Crystal Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)

Those are very, VERY tough fixtures. Suddenly I'm not quite as optimistic as I was after the last 2 matches. We really should have got the 3 points tonight.
We are in big trouble.

Maybe the crowd can help us cause an upset against Palace because the crowd have been magnificent of late (like a 12th man, as Frank said), but Palace tonked us 4-0 the other month without breaking a sweat.

If I was a gambling man I would bet on us getting just 3 points from our final 3 matches, which almost certainly won’t be enough to keep us up.

Brentford on Sunday is a MUST win. It’s perhaps the biggest game in our club’s history. We have got to get behind the lads from the first whistle to the last like we did against Chelsea.

I’m actually not that disappointed with the point against Watford away because the last time we played them we conceded 5 goals, but it leaves us in a perilous situation.

Brentford lost 3-0 away from home to the worst Man Utd team ever

Tough fixture. No it isn’t

What is tough is supporting these charlatans every week and dragging them over the line when they don’t deserve our support

Eriksen is not de bruyne

Stop being scared and just get the job done

We lost 5-2 at home to one of the worst teams in the prem and have also been beaten Norwich , burnley , Brentford , saints , villa.. we took a grand total of 1 point off Watford this season, while also ending there 11 game home losing streak and being the only team to visit that stadium this season and not score a goal or create any chances

Whatever happens, for this squad to take us into the final 10 days of the season fighting relegation should be enough for the majority of them to be bombed out of the club with no sentiment as soon as possible. They are collectively an utter disgrace and the sooner we get some players with a bit of backbone and courage, the better.

The kin state of the likes of the entire defence last night with their disgusting, negative first mindset with every first touch being backwards.

Shame on these players.

It was an exhausted performance from what I saw.
Mentally and emotionally rather than physical I suspect. It's got to be gruelling to go out with the level of concentration that they've shown; and not to be too negative but this is something that they have lacked for a loooong time.

Need a couple of more big pushes at home now. Hopefully they can implement some of this concentration and effort more evenlyand effectively next season.

Whatever happens, for this squad to take us into the final 10 days of the season fighting relegation should be enough for the majority of them to be bombed out of the club with no sentiment as soon as possible. They are collectively an utter disgrace and the sooner we get some players with a bit of backbone and courage, the better.

The kin state of the likes of the entire defence last night with their disgusting, negative first mindset with every first touch being backwards.

Shame on these players.

…so, how do we ‘bomb players out’ who are on massive salaries and long contracts?

Such statements are lazy, they detract from the problem we’ve had for many years, buying ordinary footballers and giving them extraordinary deals.

…so, how do we ‘bomb players out’ who are on massive salaries and long contracts?

Such statements are lazy, they detract from the problem we’ve had for many years, buying ordinary footballers and giving them extraordinary deals.
I'll tell you what's lazy, being paid on average about 60k a week and not being able to beat the worst home team in the entire football league. Not only that, but their reserve squad at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.