2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we don't play him then he won't reach his 20 appearance clause that means we pay Spurs £10million, perhaps the club decided he's not worth it so he'll be off in the summer and won't have cost too much

So why buy him?
Because it was a gamble he either turned out crap and cost us just wages, turned out okay and cost us £10mil or turned out boss and cost us £40mil + wages obviously hasn't worked out for him and us seems he well & truly lost his desire to play

Because it was a gamble he either turned out crap and cost us just wages, turned out okay and cost us £10mil or turned out boss and cost us £40mil + wages obviously hasn't worked out for him and us seems he well & truly lost his desire to play
But we havent picked him to play.

From what I have seen in his very brief cameos he just doesn't seem up to it, he has lost his love for the game, he tries but is yards off the pace and gives away needless fouls through frustration and being off the pace, I think we should definitely sell, he is not bothered as a footballer now

…if that’s the case, it doesn’t say much about Lampard’s judgement, not to mention the new DoF if he was involved in the deal.
He didn’t have much time, he probably envisaged we would be out of trouble quicker. That’s not happened and we have adopted a system that he’s not akin with but is working. In regards to Ali I don’t think he has been awful in his cameos. But he hasn’t quite clicked. I hope this makes some sense.

Two things baffle me about this signing: Frank has said he makes team decisions based on training performance, hence a guy like Iwobi winning a starting place with his hard work in training. Dele is probably the most famously lazy trainer in the country after his All Or Nothing dressing down from Mourinho. Lampard I guess hasn't been impressed in training, but what was he expecting? Secondly, even if he was doing fine in training, his position is a 10 in behind a striker. Lampard has played two formations - 343 and 433 - that don't feature that position at all. What exactly was his plan for the guy?

Two things baffle me about this signing: Frank has said he makes team decisions based on training performance, hence a guy like Iwobi winning a starting place with his hard work in training. Dele is probably the most famously lazy trainer in the country after his All Or Nothing dressing down from Mourinho. Lampard I guess hasn't been impressed in training, but what was he expecting? Secondly, even if he was doing fine in training, his position is a 10 in behind a striker. Lampard has played two formations - 343 and 433 - that don't feature that position at all. What exactly was his plan for the guy?
Get safe and start playing 4231 if he got up to speed. It was a gamble he was never getting in over Iwobi who has been working defensively something Alli does little of, and clearly hasn't pulled up trees in training for Frank to rip up a team/system for him, that has been getting results. So sub cameos make sense would like to see him start when we get safe.

No chance Lampard had any say in signing him, don’t understand why people still think he did just because the club made him say “we did it” for a 7 second TikTok.

Status
Not open for further replies.