2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was awful tonight.

Played scared and gave the ball away on passes to spaces we had no chance of winning. If they weren't directly at a Palace player they we 90/10 balls against us.

Worst game I've seen him have for us tonight bizarrely. But I still think there's a very good player there. Needs someone like a fit and on form Allan alongside him doing the dirty work. I vividly remember that game at Spurs on the first day of last season where we thought we'd found an incredible midfield duo.

We never really replaced Gana Gueye.

Desperately need someone to clean up the messes in front of our back line. Allows Doucoure to cause havoc up the pitch and allows you to play a proper 4 ATB

Then honestly he's nothing. No chance he's technically good enough to play midfield in this league.
Actually see where your coming from here mate and fair point, and while that statement is bang on, that's also doucoures issue, technically not good enough, could run a marathon but no genuine guile, aggression or snide, think we need one or two "win at all costs" type players to come in.

Eg I hate the guy but liverpools Robertson epitomises the character of player we need, a good but limited player, makes up for any shortfalls he has in attitude and application on the pitch.

Doucore just isn't that determined simple as. As bad as our back 4 has been this year part of the problem stems from midfield. Was clear as ever today that Barkley was the last player we had that was comfy receiving the ball under pressure, he could shield the ball, turn, pick a pass, occasionally beat a man, currently, unless our players are running into space on the counter we are frail and weak in possession, no individual confidence.

Ultimately, what I'm saying is we need a bisouma type player instead of doucoure, he's just too error prone and passive, imo he shouldn't be an auto starter for us next year, im balanced, hes been great for us at times, ill never slag him, but, there should be genuine competition for his place next season

Actually see where your coming from here mate and fair point, and while that statement is bang on, that's also doucoures issue, technically not good enough, could run a marathon but no genuine guile, aggression or snide, think we need one or two "win at all costs" type players to come in.

Eg I hate the guy but liverpools Robertson epitomises the character of player we need, a good but limited player, makes up for any shortfalls he has in attitude and application on the pitch.

Doucore just isn't that determined simple as. As bad as our back 4 has been this year part of the problem stems from midfield. Was clear as ever today that Barkley was the last player we had that was comfy receiving the ball under pressure, he could shield the ball, turn, pick a pass, occasionally beat a man, currently, unless our players are running into space on the counter we are frail and weak in possession, no individual confidence.

Ultimately, what I'm saying is we need a bisouma type player instead of doucoure, he's just too error prone and passive, imo he shouldn't be an auto starter for us next year, im balanced, hes been great for us at times, ill never slag him, but, there should be genuine competition for his place next season
Robertson is good at what they need him to be good at. He's limited in the same sense that Kante is limited. If you're using them right it won't matter.

That's the challenge for us now, buying players to fit specifically into roles. Doucoure wasn't bought for that for sure. Bissouma is good but also expensive now. We need the next one.

Robertson is good at what they need him to be good at. He's limited in the same sense that Kante is limited. If you're using them right it won't matter.

That's the challenge for us now, buying players to fit specifically into roles. Doucoure wasn't bought for that for sure. Bissouma is good but also expensive now. We need the next one.
For sure mate, but both Kante and Robertson never ever stop, they'll claim for even any throw in that was clearly off them and go mad at the linesman, we are too honest as a team, too many wimps

That's because he was doing Gomes job as well, once dele came on he was fantastic
I'd have to watch the replay, I thought he was pretty shocking, it's a shame because there's been other games early on in the season when he was brilliant and would just drive up the field and scored a couple of goals.

I'd have to watch the replay, I thought he was pretty shocking, it's a shame because there's been other games early on in the season when he was brilliant and would just drive up the field and scored a couple of goals.
?? Abdoulaye Doucouré completed more accurate passes (43/50), more attacking third passes (19/21) and made more successful ball recoveries (17) than any other Everton player against Crystal Palace.

It's the perfect time to sell him now. Final two years of his contract and will turn 30 in January. He's been awful all season apart from a brief spell of form in the past month, yet was utterly atrocious last night. If we can get 10m for him, which we easily should, we need to be getting rid.

It's the perfect time to sell him now. Final two years of his contract and will turn 30 in January. He's been awful all season apart from a brief spell of form in the past month, yet was utterly atrocious last night. If we can get 10m for him, which we easily should, we need to be getting rid.
Yes, there is no good reason to keep a player with his profile. Everton must start selling players at their highest value just as their career arcs. We've missed that boat with Doucoure, but it's time to cut our losses now.

Status
Not open for further replies.