Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think this is the 16th best squad in the league?
No but it's very imbalanced isnt it one right back of this level, one genuine quality CB who is never fit, one DM in Delph who is never fit either, just asking that question misses the context. Lack of funds in the summer, removing creative players, key injuries to main goal scorers, players not performing, VAR, mismanagement from the top, not appointing Lamps till deadline day and last but most of all a divisive appointment from the outset of the season. We were plummeting for many reasons.

I'll give him some credit there, I think that match was the one time going with the 5-2-3 was smart because it made it harder for Chelsea to play.

But he also got bailed out by Pickford and that isn't tactics.
Do me a favour. When you get a moment look back at some of the videos of our amazing 80’s team and check out the stunning, amazing saves that Big Nev had to make almost every game.

Pickford didn’t bail anybody out. Just like Nev - it’s their job to stop the ball going in the net.

True but previously we had a bit of creativity and didn't have major injuries to the likes of DCL anyway moving on we stayed up things have to change throughout the club.
The way Gray and Townsend started off it did look like we would have enough to get us comfortably mid table this season, but there form dipped injuries came and Benitez become clueless, so people turned on him even more. It just lucky we had enough to save us. Much work to do in the summer.

I didn't mean for it to come across overly negative but I think it's fair to say that Frank still has a lot to prove as a manager and its not going to be easy for him next season
When Frank was at derby they went to man u in the cup and played great football, maybe this squad are incapable of playing good football . Hope he has got some decent players lined up .

Do me a favour. When you get a moment look back at some of the videos of our amazing 80’s team and check out the stunning, amazing saves that Big Nev had to make almost every game.

Pickford didn’t bail anybody out. Just like Nev - it’s their job to stop the ball going in the net.
No, every player should get a triple double and a home run, while doing beautiful loops and scissor kicks, on the way to losing 17:0.

The way football was meant to be played.

Shocker going 2-0 down white rubbish 5-2-3 formation, absolutely hate it.

Look at when we used it, from memory...

Burnley (A) L 3-2
Palace (H) L 2-0 UNTIL WE CHANGED IT
Palace (A) L 4-0
Wolves (H) L 1-0
Spurs (A) L 5-0
Boreham Wood (H) W 2-0
Newcastle (A) L 3-1
Watford (A) D 0-0

See a pattern here, again from memory we played 4-3-3 in all the below

Man City (H) L 1-0
Newcastle (H) W 1-0
West Ham (A) L 3-2
Man Utd (H) W 1-0
Leicester (H) D 1-1
Liverpool (A) L 2-0
Palace (H) Rescuing the points

I know what results/formation I`d prefer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.