Season in Review 21/22

Rate the season:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster of a season which seemed like 5 to 6 years in the making, I hope this is the start if something new and different especially the way we spend money and build a squad but time will tell.
I'm cautiously optimistic but know it can go wrong and we can't afford for it to go wrong again.

Good research mate.

But it is ok to play it anyway because it is a dead rubber.
Obviously means nothing, my concern is he trots it out whenever possible and we start next season playing 5-2-3/5-4-1 and we end up here yet again....

Rather build around a good young squad in a 4-3-3, obviously some gaps in the squad.......

GK PIckford 28

RB Patterson 20
CB Holgate 25
CB Godfrey 24/Branthwaite 19
LB Mykolenko 22

CDM
CM Alli 26
CM Iwobi 26

RW Gordon 21/Gray 25
ST Calvert-Lewin 25
LW Richarlison 25
=Average Age 24

Begovic 34, Lonergan 38, Coleman 33, Kenny 25, Keane 29, Mina 27, Allan 31, Delph 32, Gomes 28, Van De Beek 25, Davies 23, Townsend 30, Tosun 30, Rondon 30 and El Ghazi 27 to get legged. Average age of that lot? 30

I am far from sure either is up to it.
This is an opinion I can certainly agree with.

All of this "Super Frank" stuff is premature pub talk. He has it all to prove - as does his anonymous director of football. But he has earned the chance to prove himself. Good luck to him. I wish him well.

For me personally the worst season since the Walter Smith years as i just switched off...barely watched any matches, i've never been so not-arsed.

But that Palace game got the fires in the belly kindling again. Hopefully next season will be inspiring.

This is an opinion I can certainly agree with.

All of this "Super Frank" stuff is premature pub talk. He has it all to prove - as does his anonymous director of football. But he has earned the chance to prove himself. Good luck to him. I wish him well.
I personally don't think he's earned the chance but he's getting it so hopefully he's at least learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.