Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keggers destroys him in every metric.

Not in the red cards metric my friend. Not in the red cards metric.

Pointless having all the other stats if you're not on the pitch to utilise it

AM I RIGHT

*note, how does Micky Keane only have 1 red in his career?

We need an organiser and a leader at the back. Tarkowski gives us that, put him alongside a fast CD who’s comfortable on the ball and we’re sorted.
Doesn’t matter how fast his partner is, if he’s as slow as he is. We can only push up as far as our slowest CB allows which means we’re stuck defending deep, and finding it hard to get the ball up front quickly.

Everything about this signing sets off massive “we haven’t learned a single lesson” alarm bells, for me.

As always, I hope I’m wrong (assuming we sign him).

He suits the profile of CB who can play that system.

Mina Tarkowski Godfrey

Could see something like that long term or if Mina goes a further CB replacement.
Again I'm going to say he doesn't because you need a reasonable amount of ball playing and he can't do that.

If you lose Richarlison / Lewin, I'd honestly go for Broja if he's surplus to requirements at Chelsea. Everton is a more attractive proposition then if say Southampton went back in for him.

Or maybe Toney / Watkins, but then you're looking at big money for either, £30-50m lol, prices are unsustainable nowadays.

Doesn’t matter how fast his partner is, if he’s as slow as he is. We can only push up as far as our slowest CB allows which means we’re stuck defending deep, and finding it hard to get the ball up front quickly.

Everything about this signing sets off massive “we haven’t learned a single lesson” alarm bells, for me.

As always, I hope I’m wrong (assuming we sign him).
That changes if we are gonna play 3 at the back.

He suits the profile of CB who can play that system.

Mina Tarkowski Godfrey

Could see something like that long term or if Mina goes a further CB replacement.
He really doesn’t. I’d expect the central CB in a 3 to be able to bring the ball out and almost play as a DM when we win possession. This guy is too slow and cumbersome to move around the pitch that way and can’t seem to pass a ball. He’s certainly not quick enough to play in the LCB or RCB positions, either.

He’s made to thrive in exactly one position and system and that’s one of two CBs playing deep and hoofing it long.

Status
Not open for further replies.