2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign a decent centre half and put Branthwaite next to them, starting every game.

Get him on a 5/6 year new deal first.

I'm convinced this fella will be one of the best centre halfs in the game. We've just got to stick him in a settled defence, next to a decent defender to bring his game on and tell him he's getting a good run in the team.
Great post - he’s got it all except the experience, which he won’t get not playing.

If peps looking at him you know the score - definitely a player there, seen plenty in an Everton shirt to tell me that.

I never really get why people want players to go on loan to a team who dominates the championship or whatever. It seems a bit like a reflected glory thing, where them playing for a team doing really well means we can crow about how good they obviously are. The key would be for him to get experience at a good level, whether the team comes top or bottom of the championship they’re going to have played the same level of opposition and that’s what matters.
Bottom might even work better. Adversity teaches a lot

Great post - he’s got it all except the experience, which he won’t get not playing.

If peps looking at him you know the score - definitely a player there, seen plenty in an Everton shirt to tell me that.

Is he?

Saw Man Utd reports last month. Wasn't at all surprised.

The teams at the top will see the chaos at Everton and if there's one player Man City look to take, it's Branthwaite.

Is he?

Saw Man Utd reports last month. Wasn't at all surprised.

The teams at the top will see the chaos at Everton and if there's one player Man City look to take, it's Branthwaite.
City sniffing around I heard - could be rubbish, but I doubt it, as you say we’re a total mess - why wouldn’t they try, decent offer might make the board go above frank and Kev’s heads?

Bottom might even work better. Adversity teaches a lot
Yeah I said last year, other than him getting injured, the Blackburn loan was pretty much exactly what you want from that sort of deal. A few MOTM awards, a few dodgy games, getting dropped and then working his way back into the team. That can teach you a lot more than just playing every week for a team that never loses.

Do you need to dominate a league for that to be the case? I assume the relevance of that is supposed to be that we will expect to win games and be on the front foot? I don't remember us dominating the league though.
Nope, what I'm trying to say is we've plenty of experience of being up against better sides, trying to defend and Nick something...
We're pretty decent at this....
We struggle when we're expected to be the better side and dominate the game, so experience of playing in that type of game and how to manage it is pretty short at our club right now

Nope, what I'm trying to say is we've plenty of experience of being up against better sides, trying to defend and Nick something...
We're pretty decent at this....
We struggle when we're expected to be the better side and dominate the game, so experience of playing in that type of game and how to manage it is pretty short at our club right now
That's not really the case though. We've got loads of players who've been in that position at other clubs, many of them are our worst performers. I'm not saying there's no benefit at all to a player going to a top Championship side, it might be the best thing for some players. It's just the general idea i'm talking about, people are always saying it and I just don't think there's any merit to it.

It doesn’t Zat and you know that. You’ve just got yet another love on for a young player

Why make it personal? Are you insecure?

Sign a decent centre half and put Branthwaite next to them, starting every game.

Get him on a 5/6 year new deal first.

I'm convinced this fella will be one of the best centre halfs in the game. We've just got to stick him in a settled defence, next to a decent defender to bring his game on and tell him he's getting a good run in the team.

Exactly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.