2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, definitely agree with that. To be honest I wasn’t overly convinced by his performances this year and would advocate a loan so he can get games but I’m with you 100% that it isn’t always the best plan.

Yes cant argue with that.

Brainthwaite has a very high ceiling to me. Hes quick, too footed, comfortable on the ball, very tall etc. But to me he has to believe he is the best. Stones developed that quite quickly. He had an authority about him, that he was our best defender. All the tools are there, but he needs self belief and consistency.

I'm not sure a loan necessarily does that. But who knows.

Fifty Million for Stones. Thirty Eight Million for Lescott. Fifteen Million for Rodwell and the REDCOH blamed each player for agitating. WHO HAS HAD A GOOD TIME???? 100 Million from one club and not even new seats for the minions to sit on.

Cracking move. Play in a bum league where he will be on the ball a lot an can come back next summer full of confidence to challenge for starting rather than being 6th choice.

Would have thought it would have been better than the Dutch league like

Ok, the lower end of the Dutch league might not be much/any better than the Championship but assuming he gets regular game time, he'll play against the likes of Ajax and Feyenoord who are good sides, plus the likes of AZ, Vitesse and Twente are not bad. Added to that, PSV are in the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League. If they get to the group stages and Branthwaite gets games, that's a higher standard of opposition for him than we could have possibly hoped for.

This potentially a great move for him IMO

I have a pet theory about loans. Clubs loaning out players are not primarily concerned with levels of coaching at the club the loanee goes to, nor are they overly concerned about the standard of opposition the loanee will play against. Loaning out players is mostly an insurance job by the club who own the player. It's nearly impossible for coaches tell which 18 year old will make the grade. It's an awful lot easier to tell which players will make it when that player is in their early twenties. It's then a matter of clubs farming out older teens to other clubs to help reduce costs. The owning club then monitors whether their star teenager can play against fully grown men, develops physically etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.