2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the 22-year old John Stones most thought was talented if not a little raw when we got very good money for him?

Or the 27-year old definitely is gash Nathan Ake being discussed here?

As I recall he got a quite a deal of fan criticism which helped him to say tara.

Again, what on Earth has that got to do with someone wanting City to give us Ake for Jarrad Branthwaite? Where does us selling Stones 6 years ago come into this.

Struggling to see how your brain is wired here.

I have confidence on Brantwaite coming on unlike you.

Now where on earth is that rumour about swopping Ake for Branthwaite ?

That's not really the case though. We've got loads of players who've been in that position at other clubs, many of them are our worst performers. I'm not saying there's no benefit at all to a player going to a top Championship side, it might be the best thing for some players. It's just the general idea i'm talking about, people are always saying it and I just don't think there's any merit to it.

I think people confuse progression with progression being by loan as well.

Generally speaking players improve as they get to 25. Its not linear, and it's not in every case, but as a generisable it happens. So some will get better while out on loan. That doesnt automatically mean they get better because of a loan.

For me if Brainthwaite is serious he has to be looking to make himself first choice. We may even play 3 at the back. He now has to be looking to make himself first choice.

City are linked with Branthwaite
Someone said they can have him and we can have Nathan Ake
I called Ake gash (he is)
>>> You entered here

Thanks for the clarification, I was not aware of the rumour. For me we have to tell City to get lost

I think people confuse progression with progression being by loan as well.

Generally speaking players improve as they get to 25. Its not linear, and it's not in every case, but as a generisable it happens. So some will get better while out on loan. That doesnt automatically mean they get better because of a loan.

For me if Brainthwaite is serious he has to be looking to make himself first choice. We may even play 3 at the back. He now has to be looking to make himself first choice.
Yep, definitely agree with that. To be honest I wasn’t overly convinced by his performances this year and would advocate a loan so he can get games but I’m with you 100% that it isn’t always the best plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.