New Shirt Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the BBC have similar artilcles when the same company sponsored Watford last season like?
For balance.
of the 20 premierleague teams last season, 9 had betting firms on their shirts
Southampton, Sportsbet.io
Newcastle United, Fun88
Leeds United, SBOTOP
Crystal Palace, W88
Burnley, Spreadex Sports
Brentford, Hollywoodbets
Watford, Stake.com
West Ham United, Betway
Wolverhampton Wanderers, ManBetX

It sucks and in an ideal world we'd be gifting the prime real estate that is our shirt to a charity but football, whilst it pretends to be ethical really isn't. It's all about the money.
Right now we need to grow commercially, get the football right and then - if we ever achieve anything in the game we can suddenly call the shots when it comes to sponsors or kit manufacturers.
We could take the moral high ground at our own financial detriment but that's not going to help us grow or improve. Sadly, whilst we are a poor footballing side we can't have it both ways.

they forgot to mention standard chartered were found guilty of money laundering!
Also they fail to mention government aren't making any real steps to control gambling companies, credit checks to at least ensure gamblers had the money to wager in the first place might be worth investigating.

Also they fail to mention government aren't making any real steps to control gambling companies, credit checks to at least ensure gamblers had the money to wager in the first place might be worth investigating.

Whilst I have sympathy for anyone addicted to anything be it alcohol/gambling etc. I disagree with the current cancel culture we live in.

If a gambling company wants to sponser something it should be their money, their choice.

We talk about being a free loving land when all we seem to do is moan about things we want to see banned / restricted. ?‍♂️

How about some personal responsibility for a change.

To be fair Watford didn't make a big song and dancs about being above gambling sponsors
I think it's important to nip this in the bud because neither did we. Our CEO responded to a question at our own AGM by saying that in an ideal world we wouldn't have a gambling firm as a sponsor, that really isn't making a big song and dance about being above it.

Reactions: kev
there are twitch users getting paid 1 mil a month from stake, and we a huge sports team are getting 10 mil a year

this club is clueless from top to bottom

should have asked for at least 20 mil

That video is appalling.

But every betting company does it to a degree. Maybe not recording people losing thousands.

Disgraceful really, and yes that makes me a hypocrite, because I’ve also said we should take the highest offer.

But I don’t value what Stake is about.

How about some personal responsibility for a change.
That's true,but the people who really struggle are the ones who can't afford to lose, wagering their benefits,rent money or even stealing to bet. A basic credit check would help protect the most vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.