Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand and accept that Richarlison & DCL will leave this summer, just hope we get the replacements right. With our recruitment record the let 6 years if we don’t I worry for next season.
This is my biggest concern, if these pair go and the replacements aren`t good enough the consequences could be a lot worse than this season.

Can people please stop using Chris Wood it was a release clause not his actual value.
Well it was his value because Newcastle were happy to pay it! They didn’t have to did they? You’re correct it was a release clause, and Newcastle obviously thought he was worth it so the point stands. Unless you’re saying it was only cheap because of the release clause, and he’s actually worth MORE?

Well it was his value because Newcastle were happy to pay it! They didn’t have to did they? You’re correct it was a release clause, and Newcastle obviously thought he was worth it so the point stands. Unless you’re saying it was only cheap because of the release clause, and he’s actually worth MORE?

No, I'm saying in a short January window, with Newcastle in the drop zone, they were willing to pay a release clause above his value to skip negotiations and get the deal done.

Unless you believe Chris Wood was worth that much.

Can people please stop using Chris Wood it was a release clause not his actual value.

Yes true. And it was mid season. And Newcastle overpaid hugely. But Newcastle were in the bottom 3, and signed someone that went a long way to keeping them up, and relegating Burnley. That had all been factored in to the cost.

I'd love Newcastle to come in and throw a stupid offer for him, or Calvert Lewin. But outside of that, he will go for around market value.

If you can be bothered to check the vaults, I was one of the people who first wanted us to go for Richarlison.

A lot were pointing at the lack of goals 2nd half of the season for Watford but he was being played almost as a 2nd left back every game.

Contrast that with Dennis and blinking Cornet who were in advanced positions and therea a massive difference.

Joao Pedro is the one to watch at Watford. Even he hasnt particularly stood out though.
Would have thought Sarr would be the man even though he didn’t have a great season.

Dennis hasn’t stood out whatsoever?

Cornet vs Dennis as Richarlison's replacement. Cornet will only cost 17.5 million with similar stats in a more defensive team.
Given the finances, would have thought Cornet would be favourite

Realistically, I would take £50 million for Richarlison. Yeah, I like the bloke but with only 2 years left on contract, it would be foolish if we let him run it down and we are in position financially where we can't afford to take risks. Use that money to get Zinchenko from City for £30 million and get a deal for Gallagher and I reckon that wouldn't be too bad. Leave Winks at Spurs though......please!!!!
Who scores the goals though? Apart from DCL

I would feel the same if we contemplated signing Winks.
Thats fair. Though Winks was good under Poch who played attacking football. Perhaps Winks/Dele under Lampard playing a similar style could be effective?

I dont know, im just looking at when Dele/Winks were last good/effective consistently and it was under Poch.

Does this guy know anything or is he just a blagger?
He seems quite clued up which is worrying and almost angers me.
Think you’ve just described Richarlison almost to a tee in the season before Everton signed him mate.

Hi Chico...

Perhaps to the untrained eye....though someone as talented as yourself at vaulting can search my old posts and see:

1: Me highlighting Richarlison as one to watch as early as Nov 6 2017

2: Saying I would love us to sign him on an ongoing basis until May 14 2018 when I corrected @Khalekan about hIs form falling off a cliff (as you are also inferring).

3: General highly positive posts about Richarlison all the time...including this back/forth with @Eggs in Mid 2018

..he was terrific in the game at Goodison. I didn’t know him but my son and I were saying how good it would be to have a player with that pace and purpose away from home. He’s a big old unit, decent in the air.

Class player mate and someone who fits the type of profile you were looking for...big strong physical with pace--and solid defensive work for a winger.

Potentially a special player

***clearly no Rivaldo who I actually compared him with though lol

4: You will however find numerous "anti" Richarlison (and more) posts from @MikelsGoat such as this delight

You don't like the look of this? Just from him bringing 2 former players with him...

Gana / Baningime -- Doucoure / Davies
Walcott / Dowell -- Sigurdsson / Vlasic -- Richarlison / Lookman

Don't get your point...

Not a single talent here, utterly shameful even by your standards

--Mikelsgoat.

Certainly the difference was that Richarlison had been shunted into almost a 2nd left back role 2nd half of Watfords season and was visibly shattered. Hadnt had a break for 18months and was 'apparently' told to stay back and cover the left back.

Dennis of course as we saw in the run in is still playing an attacking role and scored 2 (and looked very poor) from 1st Jan onwards.

happy to help :)

Would have thought Sarr would be the man even though he didn’t have a great season.

Dennis hasn’t stood out whatsoever?

They looked quite exciting until this season...think hes been poorly coached or seems confused what hes meant to be doing.

Joao Pedro has stood out with small things like movement, simple play etc. But hasnt quite 'clicked'. Hes Richarlison-lite really.

Dennis...cant see it at all...think he'll revert back to dross if he hasnt done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.