Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance that Moshiri will just be wanting to sell a percentage of his 94% of shares or he is all in for the sale?

Moshiri might be willing to sell part of his investment, but will a buyer want to buy a minority shareholding in the club?

I wouldn't say definitely not, because it's still an investment that could provide a return, but the people who are interested in football clubs usually want the control as well.

Not much.

Peter Kenyon always wanted to 'paint the world blue' and has credentials to revive Everton​

Powerful executive’s contacts and experience offer hope of a brighter future for stricken club who have lost their way
14 June 2022 • 8:25am

If the consortium that the former Chelsea and Manchester United chief executive is fronting manages to buy another club who play in blue, one suspects his ambitions for Everton may need to be rather more circumspect.It was back in 2005, shortly after clinching their first top-flight title for half a century, that Peter Kenyon talked about how Chelsea wanted to “paint the world blue”.

But there is little doubt that Merseyside’s downtrodden neighbour need some fresh thinking and some of Kenyon’s recent rhetoric will chime with Everton fans desperate to see an end to the dysfunction and reckless spending that took them so close to relegation last season.

In an interview with Telegraph Sport just under two years ago, Kenyon explained how he told all prospective owners of clubs that, while it undoubtedly costs money to create good sides, that alone is no guarantee of success.

“It goes way beyond a coach or a footballer,” he said. “It’s about a culture that is created.”
Everton, devoid of a vision or plan under Farhad Moshiri and undermined by constant managerial upheaval, have been as good an example as any of how not to run a football club.

Kenyon has close ties with Jorge Mendes, probably the world’s most powerful agent, a relationship that dates back to 2003 when they first met over the deal that brought Cristiano Ronaldo to Old Trafford.Kenyon, of course, will know that. It is almost two decades since he left United for Stamford Bridge in what remains arguably the most eye-catching executive switch the Premier League has witnessed, and 13 years since he parted company with Chelsea. Nonetheless, he remains a familiar face to many, his influence in football circles has never waned and his opinions and expertise are still sought after – his company, Opto Advisers, has been involved with the takeovers at Paris St-Germain and Wolverhampton Wanderers and he has worked with clubs from Middlesbrough to Atlético Madrid. Had things worked out differently, he might have ended up running Newcastle United.

Born in Stalybridge, a small town in Tameside, Greater Manchester, Kenyon made his name as chief executive of Umbro, the sports manufacturer, before leaving to become deputy chief executive of United in 1997, where he helped to elevate the club commercially, through ground-breaking deals with Vodafone and Nike, and raised United’s profile in Asia.
Roman Abramovich recognised Kenyon’s talents and one of his first major moves as Chelsea owner was to entice him to west London.
Given his background, it would be easy to fit Kenyon into a certain stereotype, but he has always been a fervent opponent of a European Super League and holds an unwavering belief in the Premier League’s collective model, where wealth is shared. He also opposes Uefa’s financial fair play regulations.
When he first joined Chelsea, Kenyon said they “had some good players, some big players … but it was a disparate band and there was nothing bringing it together.” There are obvious parallels at Everton, where manager Frank Lampard faces a huge rebuilding job.

Takeovers can often spell bad news for incumbent managers but, if Kenyon’s group were to be successful, Lampard may have less to fear than most. He knows Kenyon well from their time at Chelsea. Kenyon also publicly championed Lampard’s credentials when he was manager at Stamford Bridge. Time will tell if that reunion materialises.
Thanks

Ehhh, lets not give him any credit on that front - we all knew it

Exactly, on anything which required any form of judgement not based on hard statistics available in the public domain and calculable, he was wrong.

Plus being a fake itk mod and bullshitting using that position for personal gain, the guys a cretin of the first order.

But hey his means led to the end he wanted. The guys now a relatively mainstream 'Voice for Evertonians'

Hindsight is a marvellous thing, but it’s not like he’s disappeared from the face of the earth. Kenwright is the chairman of Everton.

I have absolutely no intel on whether he’s just allowing the free-for-all, or whether he’s stopping it being a massacre.

But I have zero confidence in him getting it right.

Moshiri needs to move on, it feels it’s mutual all round now, but it needs to be vetted properly, and my concern is, if Moshiri is looking for a fast out, we could end up with anyone.
Moshiri problem was he never got rid of Kenwright who hasn’t got a clue how to run a club with loads of money. The amount of times we nearly went bang under Kenwright is unbelievable yet he kept him in. Then we employed a CEO who no idea how to run a billion pound business(give or take) An we are where we are.
Look at the stadium… taken at least 3 years to longer because of the messing about, the Redesigns and the pointless surveys
Had we had personal people in the right position we be in the stadium this season

If this particular bid was going to happen I think it stays under wraps.

I'm sceptical of the overnight news, tbh. I'm not impressed by the Telegraph 'scoops'. As soon as I saw the source yesterday I thought it was, essentially, BS.

The season is ended and hacks are casting about to fulfil their workload with stories.

We really all ought to be focussed on on-field matters - as difficult as that is now - because this will drag on and on.

Agreed. The one thing this story probably illustrates though is that Moshiri is likely receptive to buyers now in a way that maybe he wasn’t a year ago. I mean there’ll always be parties interested in Everton but for hacks to start talking about heads of terms without any denouncement from the club is an indicator that it’s a bit more than just window shopping at the moment.

Moshiri problem was he never got rid of Kenwright who hasn’t got a clue how to run a club with loads of money. The amount of times we nearly went bang under Kenwright is unbelievable yet he kept him in. Then we employed a CEO who no idea how to run a billion pound business(give or take) An we are where we are.
Look at the stadium… taken at least 3 years to longer because of the messing about, the Redesigns and the pointless surveys
Had we had personal people in the right position we be in the stadium this season

I’m just not trying to steer it off topic.

I have strong opinions about Kenwright, but I’m just trying to be on the fence about him here.

Not my cup of tea, put it that way.

Exactly, on anything which required any form of judgement not based on hard statistics available in the public domain and calculable, he was wrong.

Plus being a fake itk mod and bullshitting using that position for personal gain, the guys a cretin of the first order.

But hey his means led to the end he wanted. The guys now a relatively mainstream 'Voice for Evertonians'

Create a niche, pretend to be an expert and lead folks on a merry dance

Have we all been googling a different John Thornton? The one I found is worth around 3 and a half million dollars?

Maciek Kaminski is worth about $1 Billion, John Thornton around $25 million.

Moshiri net worth $2.8 Billion

This seems a bit light for Thornton but im also not sure where Esks enormous figures have come from.

These guys are real money men and it would be interesting copying their stock pics.

I find it challenging to see how they would be successful operating a football club.

Sky TV have mentioned on the yellow banner, about Derby's takeover falling through, still news on there and Blackburn getting a new head coach, funny the news about 4 different buyers for Everton with Peter/ Roger Kenyan still hasn't made it though. lol

Not forgetting the King's Dock disaster Plus the Kirkby disaster by BK for the sake of 30 million we lost the King's Dock because he would not seek outside investment ...

Status
Not open for further replies.