Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a theory that when an institution is prone to continual unchecked hysteria that it is compromised from one hasty desperate decision to another in a sort of bust bust cycle until it’s final form of ruin.

Give me an example!

Everton football club, right now.

Ah sorry, I thought your theory extended beyond Everton.

Its a perfectly consistent theorem sir. Applies to business often.

Indeed it does, and may also be playing out with the current U.K. government…..

Stuff like that always makes me laugh, like the cleaners and groundsmen know what's going on in the boardroom.
Cleaners are sneaky beggars, who knows what bits of paper they see when wiping down a desk... ? Honestly though, when a new manager or coaches come into any club I suspect they are amongst the first people you go and have a 'chat'/cup of tea with. Take everything with a pinch of salt of course, but they will have nuggets of info that help joins the dots and read between the lines.

We have Hobson's Choice for this.

Stick with a regime who have taken us to the brink of the abyss, stadium aside, or plunge into the relative unknown with supposedly far more savvy, but hawkish and probably detached business interests.

Moshiri probably can't afford to stick though, and Ukraine has brought things to a head.

I do find the idea of the club being run by at least notionally competent business people to be appealing, not that we have any guarantees there of course. Kenyons involvement is reassuring to a small extent.

Completion of the stadium build is critical of course. Outside of this we are going to have restricted budgets anyway. I'm coming around to thinking we might as well be run on a tight leash by people who are good at doing that rather than the present incumbents who are frankly quite terrifying in their sheer and naked buffoonery and incompetence.

The hope would be that we emerge from this period in the new stadium in at least a more fit for purpose fashion, business wise, and equipped to take advantage of new opportunities. If this mooted takeover happens, then let them sell down the line for a tidy profit if that's their aim.

The cycle is starting again either way.

As much as I respect Farhad I hope he sells up completely if this goes ahead rather than keeping a stake at the club.

Down the line he'll be the one getting the backlash from the fans when these cowboys destroy us If he's still knocking around the place.

They may know each other with Kenyon. He was appointed by Wolves in 2016, right after the takeover from Fosun which Kenyon was a key figure in.

In my thought process this.

It could be absolute coincidences galore, but there feels like there’s quite a few paths running a similar route here.

Lampard, Cahill, Thelwell, Kenyon.

I’m wondering how long this has been ongoing to be honest.

Concern with these guys is not having deep enough pockets to buy the club let alone ability to ‘invest’.
Therefore their business model would be to borrow and then the club is burdened with huge interest payments…
I’m intrigued but not jumping for joy yet.

Agreed, at least bobble has got the balls to say that IMO.

Plus, he said and tweeted, he was told Moshiri was looking for investment initially and it’s turned into a potential sale, now the Athletic are running that exact story.
I think that had been reported by Matt law already, who by the way seems to be very reliable!!

Status
Not open for further replies.