Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaners are sneaky beggars, who knows what bits of paper they see when wiping down a desk... ? Honestly though, when a new manager or coaches come into any club I suspect they are amongst the first people you go and have a 'chat'/cup of tea with. Take everything with a pinch of salt of course, but they will have nuggets of info that help joins the dots and read between the lines.
I'm pretty confident in saying that billion pound takeovers happen without shop floor staff knowing the slightest thing about it. Even people reasonably high up the chain know nothing about these things, there's absolutely no chance that the every day staff at Everton know anything more about this than you or I.

Been mulling over this for a few days now and it can’t come quick enough for me. It’s a chance for this new lot to come in and clear the lot out, hire competent people to run the club and end the jobs for mates culture that ruins this club.

To be fair to Moshiri he has spent the money but he’s also made some fundamental errors. To many cooks spoil the broth and that’s pretty much how you can describe his tenure here. Employing directors of football but then letting managers over rule them and then overruling them all himself is the reason we are in this mess, it’s definitely the right time to part company.

Regarding the takeover proposal, it really isn’t my bag and certainly is way above my pay grade.

What I do know is like i said yesterday on Twitter, is that Moshiri was looking for help to fund BMD earlier in the year. Kenyon and Co were one of the groups approached regarding an investment to help fund BMD, however they now don’t just want to help, they want to purchase the club, which Moshiri is open to.

As so many reports have suggested, head of terms have been agreed and they have a deadline (I don’t know the length of the deadline, yet) for exclusivity, whilst they do there checks and audits on the club, which is well and truly under way.

Im not sure if you'd call Kenyon a "businessman".

He's been a career employee and now makes introductions.
He has 'some' top end football related knowledge, experience, didn't communicate via Jim White, nor keep a DoF dog and then bark himself...that ticks enough boxes for me...for now*

*this being Le Ev it will, most likely down the track, turn to custard in some form or another.

That Thelwell cat must be sweating.
Superimposed1655287214990.jpg

I am not saying I am happy with Moshiri & Co. but I am wary of this group's motives. It's not a romantic underdog takeover like Wrexham for example.

American business people buying into clubs like Burnley cannot have a realistic expectation of great success, and yet they still buy in. They must think they have a handle on the money-making prospects regardless of a dramatic change in on-field success, which can never be guaranteed.
This is true that's why i said earlier Everton like the rest, are just a tool in the lucrative Premiere league brand which is what these investors want a piece of.

Make no mistake Moshiri or Usmanov wouldn't have been anywhere near us if we weren't in the PL.
That's the pull here not Everton but the PL

Regarding the takeover proposal, it really isn’t my bag and certainly is way above my pay grade.

What I do know is like i said yesterday on Twitter, is that Moshiri was looking for help to fund BMD earlier in the year. Kenyon and Co were one of the groups approached regarding an investment to help fund BMD, however they now don’t just want to help, they want to purchase the club, which Moshiri is open to.

As so many reports have suggested, head of terms have been agreed and they have a deadline (I don’t know the length of the deadline, yet) for exclusivity, whilst they do there checks and audits on the club, which is well and truly under way.
They’ll run a mile once they see the books

Status
Not open for further replies.