Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
From everything I've read and heard via podcasts etc, Moshiri seems to be looking for up to £500m for his equity. To cover that + stadium + projected losses + external debts + transfers (limited) the figures range from £1 billion to £1.2 billion.

Any independent valuation of the football club alone seems to put it between the £350m - £400m range.

I don't see how Moshiri can sell without accepting a loss to a certain degree and that may be in the hands of Usmanov to dictate. There must surely be a large part of this based on cutting losses rather than the ambition of breaking even or better. That doesn't seem feasible.

It's why the idea of Moshiri retaining a minority interest until the stadium is completed, 10% is mooted, makes sense, to bridge the gap somewhat between what he has put in and the commercial value of the football club to a buyer.

There was an insightful section on the stadium on Esks podcast yesterday. He was of the view that stadium funding could not be secured through normal channels due to lack of market confidence in the clubs business management.

I think it's incredulous to expect an owner to finance a build beyond some arbitrary initial contribution. Surely under new ownership with the build well underway, we could secure a 25-30 year loan and not have this as a noose around the new owners neck. It shouldn't be difficult to secure funding and that's where talks about this seem to have moved on, logically, to a discussion about outright takeover.

Take the stadium out of the equation in these terms and with Moshiri either accepting a minority stake or some degree of realism in what the buyer will pay, and there is clear landing space for a deal.

We have been run at best to stagnate, at worst to progressively decline for 30 years and more and the entire time span of the Premier League. There is vast scope for ROI under an owner and executive team that are even half clued up in how to run a football club as a business.
Moshiri could easily make his money back if he fired the entire board, and got ppl who had a clue how to run the club and improved our sponsorship and financials while improving on the field, then built the stadium making the club easily worth 1-2 billion. You also got to think if the run was run well then 2 years time new stadium and no ffp. Easy get his money but maybe the relegation scrap spooked him

Right, but he can own whoever he wants in top of PSG so long as their not in the French league.

If they're drawn together in a UEFA competition let UEFA sort it out (no chance)
Doubt UEFA will have anything to do about it, plus it's not like the group can't just name someone else the de-facto director and that's that. Doubt it hasn't happened at any point lol
But at least it was a record deal, eh? :drunk:

Anyway, thread miles of track.
It is now, and it's pitiful. Our record deal was the standard for teams around us when we finished 5-7th, whereas we got next to nothing.

Doubt UEFA will have anything to do about it, plus it's not like the group can't just name someone else the de-facto director and that's that. Doubt it hasn't happened at any point lol

It is now, and it's pitiful. Our record deal was the standard for teams around us when we finished 5-7th, whereas we got next to nothing.

didn't the club announce that this was a record deal and I know the club always say this, but it put us seventh highest in the league ? Sure I heard this somewhere.

Still hoping some big rich American bozos buys us
Has any American takeover been a success in this country?

People will point at Big Red, but they are successful due to Klopp, the owners havent backed him.
United went from the biggest and best club in the world to a nothing club that exists to earn money for its owners.
Arsenal are plop

The last thing we need is American ownership.

didn't the club announce that this was a record deal and I know the club always say this, but it put us seventh highest in the league ? Sure I heard this somewhere.

It was more a reference to the fact every deal we announce is a record.

No wonder the board are revered.
Yeah exactly - it is a record deal for us, but the price of it should've been attained easily when we finished 5th or thereabouts and Villa and teams below us were getting more money because of actual sponsors, not "partners" as we called them.

Now, 10 years later, we've woken up to the fact that we can, believe it or not, get sponsorship money from sponsors. Reckon if there was data for it - we've helped Chang more than they've helped us lol

Has any American takeover been a success in this country?

People will point at Big Red, but they are successful due to Klopp, the owners havent backed him.
United went from the biggest and best club in the world to a nothing club that exists to earn money for its owners.
Arsenal are plop

The last thing we need is American ownership.

He's spent a billion quid, it didn't all come from the coutinho money as they're fond of telling everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.