Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting wham emails claiming we are linked with someone called Cameron Archer.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I've no clue who he is

Leeds apparently asking for between £65m - £75 for Raphina. Surely we have to be asked more for Richie
They don't have to sell and we do. I think if we weren't in the state we're in for FFP we wouldn't even be entertaining the idea of selling him, especially under £100m as a deterrent to potential interested clubs. I feel like it's gonna be one of those transfers that'll go through for £65m and people will be moaning because worse players like Ralphina and Zaha have been quoted for silly money, despite them not actually being sold for that price.

I keep getting wham emails claiming we are linked with someone called Cameron Archer.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I've no clue who he is
He's a youngster at Villa. Preston and Watford are said to be interested, but I think its just the press linking anyone and everyone to a move to Everton.

If we took a player on loan with the obligation to buy eg Gilmour, does that technically class as a loan or does it allow us another from the same club eg Broja??

Strange narrative about Doucoure being a bad player lately, when he is useful yes he has limitations on the ball at times but he has often been the only one with any mobility and drive in that midfield and has often been played as a defensive player when he's more box to box. Blaming him for all the issues in there is so strange when you have players like Gomes, Davies, Gbamin, Delph(until the end of last season) who have offered the square root of naff all... Yes we need better but he puts in an immense shift I don't see him as one of our biggest issues he can still be useful. Yes we need more physical players and players who are better in possessionn but its about a mix.
Exactly mate, he likes a ball player in there, who will pick from defense and transition through the lines and i think reasonably competent of holding a defensive structure but its not a key competency. He loves a good triangle does Frank. I think the plan will be press high and have high energy players.
Sounds like Winks doesn't it :(

Despite the transfer window not even officially opening yet, I find it difficult to suppress the severe concerns that I have about our ability to rebuild our squad this summer with the amount of quality that it truly needs, and the consequences that I think we'll face if we aren't able to add 4-5 new players into the first 11.

I'm of the opinion that last season was no fluke and that our squad is a genuine bottom 5-6 Premier League side. If we do not improve it, then survival is the ceiling of our ambition. However, until we sell players we appear to be completely restricted to free agents and loans until we can generate some funds. If that is indeed the case, then I think we absolutely have to get a move on and try and generate some money.

As a club we need to seriously get past our phobia of selling players. There is always better quality to be found and we shouldn't allow the mistakes we've made when player trading in the past cloud our vision that the same would happen again. This isn't like the Moyes years where we had genuine quality all over the pitch and the general feeling was that 1-2 top quality players on top of what we had would propel us into genuine top 4 contention. We're talking about a group of players who had to come from two-nil down on match 37 to guarantee survival, they are a really poor bunch.

Anyone and everyone should be up for sale at this point if that's what is needed to make a splash in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.