Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest rumors is that Newcastle are interested in DCL, Richy has lots of interest, we're looking at Chelsea youths and not sure we can get those at the moment.
Leeds seem to making decent moves to strengthen.
Not going to lie but I don't think my heart will take another season like last

That's it, you have to look at a squad and want to replace your worst players, and improve your, average ones, and turn your best ones into average players.

However bad people say Doucoure is, and he is bad on the ball, if utilised correctly hes our best midfielder IMO. He probably will be for at least 2 years.

I hope Iwobi can be consistent, we can get a tune from Dele, maybe we can get another in who does great and then we have a different conversation. Until then though, or a similar situation he has a role to play for me.

Its sort of why if he stays fit DCL is a more important fit than Richarlison, even though hes not as good. We dont have the players to get the best from Richarlison.
I'm not sure that approach ever really bears fruit. At least not at clubs where the off-field operations are as chaotic as ours.

When I look at Tottenham finishing 4th and Everton 16th, I see the difference being Kane, Son and Kulusevski elevating a group of otherwise fairly ordinary players, similar to what Suarez and Sterling did when Liverpool almost won the league under Rodgers.

To me, the biggest problem we have is that our best (not to mention highest-earning) players aren't anything special.

Latest rumors is that Newcastle are interested in DCL, Richy has lots of interest, we're looking at Chelsea youths and not sure we can get those at the moment.
Leeds seem to making decent moves to strengthen.
Not going to lie but I don't think my heart will take another season like last

Leeds are still managed by an American who pins up Gandhi quotes to the dressing room wall. Not arsed about them.

I don't think we'll be getting many solid links (or movement on existing ones) until right at the end of the month when the players have had their breaks.

Gotta imagine that Thelwell has been working hard behind the scenes to try and get things in place for the start of pre-season. Certainly that would be in his best interests given the difficult circumstances we find ourselves in.
Suspect we’ll end up doing late business due to our FFP issues. Cue the inevitable trolley dash when we sell Richy on deadline day.

Suspect we’ll end up doing late business due to our FFP issues. Cue the inevitable trolley dash when we sell Richy on deadline day.
Richarlison out for £55m, Mina out for £10m, Welbeck, Mee and Tarkowski in on free transfers, £25m for Zinchenko, and some unknown and ultimately crap player in from abroad on deadline day to play on the wing.

League One by the time we move into BMD.

I'm not sure that approach ever really bears fruit. At least not at clubs where the off-field operations are as chaotic as ours.

When I look at Tottenham finishing 4th and Everton 16th, I see the difference being Kane, Son and Kulusevski elevating a group of otherwise fairly ordinary players, similar to what Suarez and Sterling did when Liverpool almost won the league under Rodgers.

To me, the biggest problem we have is that our best (not to mention highest-earning) players aren't anything special.
It seems to me a fairly persuasive argument for a managed turnover of some of our better players and hopefully getting in a few young players with high ceilings.

I think if we had managed the decline of Coleman better, bought a reliable CB and sorted the lack of athleticism in the midfield then we would still have been in the top 7 or 8 conversation. As it is, due to total mismanagement we have to rip it all up and start again I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back