Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone worked out how we're financing these linked players ?

35sg0x.png

Those Octavian Popescu links disappeared...pity.

I think if we use a 3 we'd still need someone at the base.

RS have Fabinho and City have Rodri...we need someone...a solid all rounder.

Maybe im over generalising but from what ive seen from Lampard up to this point, he likes to press higher up the pitch, he played Jorgino at the base and Kante further forward. he did the same at Derby, with Bryson or Hudlestone in the main.

I mean he had Kante and didn't play him at 6, so i wouldn't be hanging my hat on him bringing in a classic defensive midfield 6.

Just my take

Maybe im over generalising but from what ive seen from Lampard up to this point, he likes to press higher up the pitch, he played Jorgino at the base and Kante further forward. he did the same at Derby, with Bryson or Hudlestone in the main.

I mean he had Kante and didn't play him at 6, so i wouldn't be hanging my hat on him bringing in a classic defensive midfield 6.

Just my take

And while here he signed and tried to play Van Der Beek there. Then put Delph in there.

The best teams in the world all have destroyers:

Rodri
Casemiro
Verrati
Fabinho
Kimmich

Why do Everton fan thinks we can magically get away with not having one???

Just my take

I think he'll be in for Gilmour and play him as a 6...in the sense hes a deep lying playmaker.

Then have two players box/box ahead.

Yes we do need better, but for me it's the case of you can't overnight replace everyone with a top class player, so what you do is replace the weakest and utilize the ones who around better players will still add something rather than drag the new players down.

Dacoures worst part of his game is distribution, so alongside players who do that role well he then keeps it simple and utilizes what he does do well

I find the Doucoure stuff just weird, i think he's brilliant at what he does and for what we needed him for.

We're powder puff without him.

I saw many critisce him after the Palace game, i thought he was brilliant, he was everywhere.

You're right. It was telling he was left out, and I dont think Lampard really got the best from Doucoure.

On the possession thing, we are not going to become a 60% possession side overnight. Until we are, for me Doucoure starts. In the situation you've outlined we sign 2 new starting midfield players. I'm not sure we will be able to do that mate.

Personally i think he came back from his injury to quickly and i think he was carrying a fair bit since.

Yes we do need better, but for me it's the case of you can't overnight replace everyone with a top class player, so what you do is replace the weakest and utilize the ones who around better players will still add something rather than drag the new players down.

Dacoures worst part of his game is distribution, so alongside players who do that role well he then keeps it simple and utilizes what he does do well

That's it, you have to look at a squad and want to replace your worst players, and improve your, average ones, and turn your best ones into average players.

However bad people say Doucoure is, and he is bad on the ball, if utilised correctly hes our best midfielder IMO. He probably will be for at least 2 years.

I hope Iwobi can be consistent, we can get a tune from Dele, maybe we can get another in who does great and then we have a different conversation. Until then though, or a similar situation he has a role to play for me.

Its sort of why if he stays fit DCL is a more important fit than Richarlison, even though hes not as good. We dont have the players to get the best from Richarlison.

Personally i think he came back from his injury to quickly and i think he was carrying a fair bit since.

I think this could be right.

I also think a midfield 2 doesn't work for him. To be in a 2, you have to be a bit of an all rounder, and probably curb your instinct to get around the pitch. That nullifies his skillset somewhat.

Probably a few of our players will benefit from a pre season, and a 2nd break in November. I think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.