Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he's been out
4/21 (7 games) last season
7/24 (8 games) the one before

Imo the teams way better with him in it mate.

This will sound a bit crude, but when you are a poor/average team you need players who can get about the pitch and press opponents.

We also want big, powerful players.

He fits that bill. There are questions with his comfort on the ball, but we are not going to be able to get a player who is 6ft+, covers ground like he does, travels with the ball well and is great at passing.

He gets in that team all day for me though.

We need better imo.

Forgive me for not finding "ok" an acceptable level for my midfield.
I agree, but having said that it is what we`ve had to put up with for years. NSNO has lost its meaning at Everton, OK is now good enough and sometimes less than OK is deemed acceptable.

This club needs to get its standards back, stop shopping for proven players on top wages and get those scouts out finding the next world class talent.

Godfrey can cover LB, but he's also shown he's not beyond an injury. I agree though that Zinchenko would be a good fit for us, as a midfielder who can cover LB, and we definitely need some versatility in the squad. An out and out DM would be great if we can find another Gana, but Zinchenko improves our squad without a doubt.

PSG are now overloaded in midfield. Wonder if they would loan Gana. Not sure what his contract situation is. He would be good on a short contract

He’s atrocious one of worst I’ve seen in years. When he’s not giving it away he’s passing it back
As I eluded to before he is better in a 3, I understand what you are saying about passing backwards as I too found that very frustrating too many times this season but how much is the system used, if you are 1 of a 2 man midfield and the only forward passes are your other CM partner, who could have 2 men on him if you are playing against a 3, or the front 3. I mean most of your team are behind you.

I had forgotten the Burnley game at home, again most of his best games have come in the 4-3-3, he simply isnt good enough to do the 2 man CM. Look at the games he did excel again I`m thinking Burnley (h), Man Utd (a), Southampton (h), second half against Palace (h)..... Simply need to play to his strengths, if we arent then we need to get rid.

No good having a washing machine if you want something to keep your beers cold!

This will sound a bit crude, but when you are a poor/average team you need players who can get about the pitch and press opponents.

We also want big, powerful players.

He fits that bill. There are questions with his comfort on the ball, but we are not going to be able to get a player who is 6ft+, covers ground like he does, travels with the ball well and is great at passing.

He gets in that team all day for me though.
Doesn’t have a future under Lampard imo, who left him out towards the end of the season for Allan& Delph. I think it was the utd win and Leicester draw. Got back in because of injuries.

Rafael & Carlo are happy with 35% possession every week, Frank won’t be and neuter should he, to compete you need more possession. And it’s right across the team, but midfield especially. I think doucoure will be a squad option this season, he can’t play as 6 because he’s so poor in possession. And as an 8 either side in a 3 I’d prefer iwobi and a new signing.

Doesn’t have a future under Lampard imo, who left him out towards the end of the season for Allan& Delph. I think it was the utd win and Leicester draw. Got back in because of injuries.

Rafael & Carlo are happy with 35% possession every week, Frank won’t be and neuter should he, to compete you need more possession. And it’s right across the team, but midfield especially. I think doucoure will be a squad option this season, he can’t play as 6 because he’s so poor in possession. And as an 8 either side in a 3 I’d prefer iwobi and a new signing.

You're right. It was telling he was left out, and I dont think Lampard really got the best from Doucoure.

On the possession thing, we are not going to become a 60% possession side overnight. Until we are, for me Doucoure starts. In the situation you've outlined we sign 2 new starting midfield players. I'm not sure we will be able to do that mate.

We need better imo.

Yes we do need better, but for me it's the case of you can't overnight replace everyone with a top class player, so what you do is replace the weakest and utilize the ones who around better players will still add something rather than drag the new players down.

Dacoures worst part of his game is distribution, so alongside players who do that role well he then keeps it simple and utilizes what he does do well

And yet when he is missing the results are significantly worse - the two don't add up mate
Then results would be skewed because of the first half of the previous season. When DCL was flying and we had Richarlison, James, gylfi him and Allan in midfield. Allan got injured in December and results started to change, with obviously James missing quite a bit in the 2nd half of the season to.

We won 11 and lost 21 this seasons. And doucoure played in 30 games. Not really sure had he played in the other things would have been much different, because one he didn’t play is way the utd win

As I eluded to before he is better in a 3, I understand what you are saying about passing backwards as I too found that very frustrating too many times this season but how much is the system used, if you are 1 of a 2 man midfield and the only forward passes are your other CM partner, who could have 2 men on him if you are playing against a 3, or the front 3. I mean most of your team are behind you.

I had forgotten the Burnley game at home, again most of his best games have come in the 4-3-3, he simply isnt good enough to do the 2 man CM. Look at the games he did excel again I`m thinking Burnley (h), Man Utd (a), Southampton (h), second half against Palace (h)..... Simply need to play to his strengths, if we arent then we need to get rid.

No good having a washing machine if you want something to keep your beers cold!
But I see the same argument with Gomes, needs to play in a 3 can’t play in a 2. Well if he can’t play in a 2 he’s not good enough. Why should we hold his hand.

I just can’t stomach another season of him under hitting 5yrs passes to team mates and turning around in the half way line and passing it back to the CB. If he does play I might look for a bet for Tarkowski to have the most touches on our team next season

Status
Not open for further replies.