Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think we'll do with the money?

Don't know actually. Naturally pretty pessimistic we would be able to spend it wisely, but got to give the new guy a chance I suppose.

But the only one of those 3 players who I rate is Gallagher. And I imagine their is no chance of him coming here.

Don't know actually. Naturally pretty pessimistic we would be able to spend it wisely, but got to give the new guy a chance I suppose.

But the only one of those 3 players who I rate is Gallagher. And I imagine their is no chance of him coming here.

So swapping Richy for 3 players = unacceptable

Selling Richy and buying 3 players = acceptable

???

So swapping Richy for 3 players = unacceptable

Selling Richy and buying 3 players = acceptable

???

I don't rate 2 of them so the swap would be a bad deal for us

We need a goalscorer if we sell, and I see nothing to suggest that's Broja

And we need experienced centre backs, not players learning their way in the game. Hardest outfield position on the pitch for a young player, by far.

Paul Brown refreshing links to Colwill, Broja and Gallagher.

Those three are probably worth £80mil so decent if we could swap for Richarlison.

Broja 1981 minutes (21 starts + 11 sub)

Equivalent of 22 games and 6 goals.

Turning 21 in September thats almost a goal every 3.5 games for Southampton.

Gallagher is high energy, positive and intelligent. Having Iwobi, Doucoure and Gallagher in the squad means a high tempo and a rapid non-stop press

He looks like he could be a top player with the right guidance.

Colwill is rated as one of Chelseas best talents since Terry came through. Some of their fans think he'll be Rio Ferdinand level.

We need to get the value of our squad above what Moshiri has wasted on players.

These 3 are probably worth £80mil (Colwill £20mil, Broja £25mil Gallagher £35mil) and if they go up a level with us next season that may increase (I expect Broja £35mil, Colwill £40mil, Gallagher £50mil) to £125mil.

Do that deal, sell Keane, Mina, Gomes, Allan, Gbamin, Kean and Rondon and then bring aome more similar players in.
This guy is utterly clueless, living in a sunshine rainbow dream world la di la di la di la! Spend money on him, spend money on him and DEFINITELY spend money on him! Unearthing random price tags from the ground like some sort of mantra.

Despite the transfer window not even officially opening yet, I find it difficult to suppress the severe concerns that I have about our ability to rebuild our squad this summer with the amount of quality that it truly needs, and the consequences that I think we'll face if we aren't able to add 4-5 new players into the first 11.

I'm of the opinion that last season was no fluke and that our squad is a genuine bottom 5-6 Premier League side. If we do not improve it, then survival is the ceiling of our ambition. However, until we sell players we appear to be completely restricted to free agents and loans until we can generate some funds. If that is indeed the case, then I think we absolutely have to get a move on and try and generate some money.

As a club we need to seriously get past our phobia of selling players. There is always better quality to be found and we shouldn't allow the mistakes we've made when player trading in the past cloud our vision that the same would happen again. This isn't like the Moyes years where we had genuine quality all over the pitch and the general feeling was that 1-2 top quality players on top of what we had would propel us into genuine top 4 contention. We're talking about a group of players who had to come from two-nil down on match 37 to guarantee survival, they are a really poor bunch.

Anyone and everyone should be up for sale at this point if that's what is needed to make a splash in the market.
Was the season before a fluke when under a different manager we were chasing Europe all season ?

I think there is a lot of quality in the squad and against top teams we saw great performances which deserved better.

W e can certainly lay some blame at officials for part of our struggles and the appointment of a controversial manager which just did not work.

Don't see Chelsea as a good move for Richy right now. They were absolutely rubbish for about 4 months at the end of the season, playing the most painful, passive, dull football you'll ever see. I don't know what happenned but they started playing some dire stuff, with everyone more concerned with getting behind the ball.

Was the season before a fluke when under a different manager we were chasing Europe all season ?

I think there is a lot of quality in the squad and against top teams we saw great performances which deserved better.

W e can certainly lay some blame at officials for part of our struggles and the appointment of a controversial manager which just did not work.
I would argue that a season behind closed doors with a manager far beyond our station should be flagged as more as a fluke than the one we have just witnessed, yes.

And to add further context to that Ancelotti season, we played absolutely dire football for the most part and were heavily reliant on set pieces as creating anything in open play was often far beyond us. In fact, I saw many parallels between our last two seasons, however the set piece goals drying up at one end and conceding a boat load of set pieces at the other was a major influence in the difference between the two seasons.

I really, really struggle to see where the quality is in this squad that you speak of. I could count on the fingers of one hand the amount of actual good performances we've seen from these players in the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.