Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we might be getting football people in to do football things. Either Moshiri has finally learnt or he’s actually up for selling the club.

Or it could of course be the Mosh man swinging his proverbial and gathering more heads he can go straight over in his quest to turn us into Sunderland

Fellas getting praise for hiring staff while we have Rondon as our back up Striker.

:hayee:

…supports my view that he won’t be the person directly identifying targets. He’s described himself as a ‘Line Manager’, I think he’ll co-ordinate effort across the club to ensure a joined-up, strategic approach.

i imagine he’ll have a Head of Recruitment who, along with Lampard will suggest which players come & go. The Head of Recruitment will manage scouting network. Just my thoughts.

…supports my view that he won’t be the person directly identifying targets. He’s described himself as a ‘Line Manager’, I think he’ll co-ordinate effort across the club to ensure a joined-up, strategic approach.

i imagine he’ll have a Head of Recruitment who, along with Lampard will suggest which players come & go. The Head of Recruitment will manage scouting network. Just my thoughts.

I feel this too Eggs I think he is very much someone who is focused on getting the structure in place to allow the first team to be a success, while building the academy up to allow players to progress, the fact he has held academy roles says this to me.

I imagine that Head of Recruitment/Scouting will have a much bigger job under Thelwell... Who is in this role now? it was Gretar Steinsson whatever role wasn't it, so this role is pivotal at the moment, lets hope our current scouting network has got a clear remit and players lined up for evaluation.

Some of those jobs sound pretty easy tbh. What does a ‘loan pathways manager’ do with his days?

Some of those jobs sound pretty easy tbh. What does a ‘loan pathways manager’ do with his days?
Manages pathways for our crap players to go out on loan.

Rondon to some second division Bulgarian side with us paying 80% of his wages.

Gomes to Ankara FC for 6 months with us paying 90% of his wages.

My guess would be to set deals with teams to loan players out and then monitor the loan and see if the player fits that loan in terms of game time and system

My guess would be to set deals with teams to loan players out and then monitor the loan and see if the player fits that loan in terms of game time and system

I mean that’s not really a full time job is it? Teams only play once a week. Maybe it only pays part time, who knows.

Fellas getting praise for hiring staff while we have Rondon as our back up Striker.

:hayee:

He said in his interview it's basically the same job he's had at NY Red Bull. So...it's either us being so far behind at being a modern club or it's just stat-men for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.