Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's much better than Delph, Davies and Gomes. Much better. He's also a better footballer than Allan and Doucoure. Wait and see how he does. We won't be toothless and invisible in midfield when he's in the team. It'll be nice to see a player with a bit of bite and comfortable in possession. Lampard should know a competent midfielder when he sees one.

He's much better than Delph, Davies and Gomes. Much better. He's also a better footballer than Allan and Doucoure. Wait and see how he does. We won't be toothless and invisible in midfield when he's in the team. It'll be nice to see a player with a bit of bite and comfortable in possession. Lampard should know a competent midfielder when he sees one.
Winks does not have bite

He's not one to bottle out of a challenge.
Perhaps we have been watching different players. My Dad sadly is a Spurs fan so I have seen a lot of him. He looked a decent prospect but then a few season ago he had a very serious ankle injury and has never recovered. One of the big complaints from Spurs fans is that he is no longer committed in the challenge probably through fear of re injury as the ankle is a chronic issue that he has to play through.

Same as with Ali. A lot of people on here thought it was completely a mental thing and though he could be brought back to life with a new coach and change of scenery. The reality is Ali had a series of hamstring issues in short succession that cost him a yard of sharpness.

Perhaps we have been watching different players. My Dad sadly is a Spurs fan so I have seen a lot of him. He looked a decent prospect but then a few season ago he had a very serious ankle injury and has never recovered. One of the big complaints from Spurs fans is that he is no longer committed in the challenge probably through fear of re injury as the ankle is a chronic issue that he has to play through.

Same as with Ali. A lot of people on here thought it was completely a mental thing and though he could be brought back to life with a new coach and change of scenery. The reality is Ali had a series of hamstring issues in short succession that cost him a yard of sharpness.
I've no doubt a serious injury plays on the mind and can affect how you go for the ball afterwards. I'm not saying he's Peter Reid but I've not been aware of him shying away from a challenge. He won't last long in that position if your right.

Was the injury incurred when he crashed into the Burnley dugout?

Yet spurs are when he plays

This is a man deluding himself to think it's a good signing.

It's crap. He's pony. And won't move the club forward.

Looks like this is happening.

Harry Winks and about £60M for Richarlison.

Levy has taken our divvies to the woodshed and given then a good spanking.

Needs a decent technical midfielder and a ball winner with legs next to him. Are we going to sign them too?

Status
Not open for further replies.