Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think that midfield is strong enough defensively or creatively. That's kind of my overall point, I just don't see what Winks brings to our squad in its current condition. He doesn't offer anything defensively and he doesn't contribute goals, so what does he bring?
Ball retention, and a shield for the defence when they get past Allan & Doucoure. I actually think defensively it would be fine, Allan & Doucoure are both strong defensive box to box mids, give them an anchor behind them and they’ll do their best work.

Creativity would be the issue, which you can solve with attacking full backs & creative wings, but there in lies the problem.

We spunked millions on the so called best youngster in Europe , who probably played less games than Niasse.
How often do people watch the likes of Harry Winks to make such a definite judgement on him ?
I’ve seen him a few times sporadically and he looked like a tidy footballer who kept the ball well, passed it around the midfield. He clearly fits the way Lampard wants to play, but the injuries and possible fee are what put me off.
In contrast I seen a fair bit of Gylfi thought he was massively overrated and we spent a lot on him.

I just can't get on board with this. I genuinely believe he's no better than Davies. What's the point? Our 'scouting' infuriates me so much. He is the kind of signing that only we would make.

I really can't be bothered watching him drop deep to receive the ball from the CBs be outmuscled, too slow across the ground and either hitting floaty passes that can be easily cut out or dramatically underhit passes to the wide player, meaning they have to slow down and break their stride and causing a breakdown in the attack.

If I'm proven wrong, I'll hold my hands up - but what I've listed above is all he ever seems to do.

I just can't get on board with this. I genuinely believe he's no better than Davies. What's the point? Our 'scouting' infuriates me so much. He is the kind of signing that only we would make.

I really can't be bothered watching him drop deep to receive the ball from the CBs be outmuscled, too slow across the ground and either hitting floaty passes that can be easily cut out or dramatically underhit passes to the wide player, meaning they have to slow down and break their stride and causing a breakdown in the attack.

If I'm proven wrong, I'll hold my hands up - but what I've listed above is all he ever seems to do.

He looked pretty good when he was playing under Pochettino.

When i say "pretty good" I mean top class.

Depends if you like that kind of player really.

I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.