Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
fbc3966d-bbdb-4796-98a8-58e7e55fa3d2_gfx-dele-alli-heatmap-comparison.png
Strange heat map comparison. One game under Mourinho, vs three months of games under Pochettino?

We saw it with Lukaku leaving - it didn't matter how much we got for him, there wasn't anyone as good to bring in. But a lot of supporters were distracted by the sale money thinking it would buy decent replacements.

You just can't replace some players. I think we'll miss Richy in the same way.

There are lots and lots of very good footballers..

But our recruitment has possibly been the worst in football history over a sustained period.

We saw it with Lukaku leaving - it didn't matter how much we got for him, there wasn't anyone as good to bring in. But a lot of supporters were distracted by the sale money thinking it would buy decent replacements.

100% - very few players who could play in a team as bad as ours last season and score 10 and get 5 assists.

He’ll be much harder to replace than some seem to think.

Yes we need to play a different way if you lose a key player and or identify two or three players we can develop in forward positions we probably won't though

Think we’re looking at probably £100m between Richy and Kean and probably at max of £20m more from anyone else we could sell, which going off of how January went with Digne we can spend whatever we bring in. If you go off the quotes of who we’ve been looking at it all makes sense so far.

£100m-£120m to play around with and we’re seemingly set on Tarkowski (free), Zinchenko (£25m), Winks (£20m), Dennis (£20m) and Lewis Potter (£25m). This way would still leave us a bit of wiggle room in regards to fees for those players but also maybe room for another defender too if we needed. Also makes sense why we’d look at loaning Winks and spend “his” fee plus a bit more on someone like Gallagher to push Winks’ eventual fee into next year where we should be fairly unimpaired in terms of spending ability.

I don’t think things are gonna be as dire as we make out this summer it’s just gonna be a bit gutting to lose a player like Richy that has a connection with the fans, the truth of it though is that the squad will be in such a better shape next year than it was this year. Even if those aren’t the exact names we go for the fees will probably work out like that for the players in those positions, I’d expect us to be spending basically whatever we can generate in sales.

Think this might help with the perspective for some of us, it’s not really until I thought of it and wrote it down that I honestly seen the positive summer that we could potentially have if we get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.