Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of it. The midfield is poor and not balanced. Plus it contains Doucoure.

The people thinking Alli can be a LW are just purely hoping he's not totally useless imo.
Like I said it’s a realistic take on how our midfield may look with Doucoure being offered a new contract and Winks looks likely to join. I’d take Zinchenko all day.

Dele played his best football with Spurs playing more on the left so it’s not unrealistic that Lampard may try him there again.

Like I said it’s a realistic take on how our midfield may look with Doucoure being offered a new contract and Winks looks likely to join. I’d take Zinchenko all day.

Dele played his best football with Spurs playing more on the left so it’s not unrealistic that Lampard may try him there again.
Well that made my day worse.

The Dele bit is certifiably false.

Going with the current rumours.

GK: Pickford/Begovic
Defence: Patterson/Coleman; Tarkowski, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate; Mykolenko/Nkounkou
CM: Zinchenko/Doucouré, Winks/Gilmour + Davies as depth
AM: Iwobi/Dele
Wings: Gordon/Dobbin, Gray/Lewis-Potter + injured Townsend + Dennis or Iwobi if needed
Strkers: DCL, Dennis + Simms

Would not mind to end up with this type of a squad in the end of the window. Would be an improvement over what we had last year.

The starting 11 from this squad would be decent but serious lack of depth if any key players get injured.

That forward line looks really poor though with Gordon and Gray, they just don’t offer enough in front of goal, need better options & there doesn’t look like many goals from midfield either.

We lacked goals last season because we lacked creative players. In that line-up Gilmour, Zinchenko, Gallagher, Gordon, Mykolenko and Patterson are all creative and DCL we know is a very good finisher. That's where the goals come from.

Ok but with that analysis Gordon is going to need to improve his shooting/assists considerably. Similarly Mykolenko is going to have to improve his crossing. Patterson is a massive ?. Gilmour was crap at Norwich. We’ve seen Zinchenko play twice in centre mid and now we think he’s Pirlo. DCL is going to have to offer more than just scruffy goals, as he relies heavily on decent crosses. Gallagher would give us goals and cause bother granted.

Ok but with that analysis Gordon is going to need to improve his shooting/assists considerably. Similarly Mykolenko is going to have to improve his crossing. Patterson is a massive ?. Gilmour was crap at Norwich. We’ve seen Zinchenko play twice in centre mid and now we think he’s Pirlo. DCL is going to have to offer more than just scruffy goals, as he relies heavily on decent crosses. Gallagher would give us goals and cause bother granted.
Agree that in that formation Gordon would really have to increase his output. But if he doesn't it's Dele's natural position and we know at anything close to his best he can provide plenty of goals and assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.