Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very mad, we’ve also got new kits ready to go but are just refusing to launch them.

You know 100% they'll use the kit launch to mask over Richy leaving.

They'll probably ask DCL to wear it on a catwalk in Milan or something.

Pure guesswork.

You havent got a clue how much they have.
Everton does not own any other land around the stadium.
Dont even own Finch Farm.

Not sure where you are getting your info.

The Kenyon consortium, none of them are multi billionaires..... Neither men appear on the Forbes 400.

I heard or read the story relating to the land, but cant find it again.

When Finch farm was built it was ours, I missed the bit in 2013 where Kenwright sold it to the council for £13m, what is that worth now? The club will be forever paying rent on it...

PURE GUESSWORK THOUGH....

1656170134888.png

1656170230217.png

The worry is losing Richarlison there aint many good players out there to replace him.

12 months ago we could have sealed Diaz before the RS got hold of him. Cant lose a 10-15 goal a season wide player and replace him with a kid from the championship we need a proven out and out starting 11 player imo.

Im pretty happy we didnt sign Diaz :)

Hes looked overrated to me so far.

Florian Grillitsch, still a free agent, not linked. Better than Winks and Gilmour combined.
Injuries...

Going with the current rumours.

GK: Pickford/Begovic
Defence: Patterson/Coleman; Tarkowski, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate; Mykolenko/Nkounkou
CM: Zinchenko/Doucouré, Winks/Gilmour + Davies as depth
AM: Iwobi/Dele
Wings: Gordon/Dobbin, Gray/Lewis-Potter + injured Townsend + Dennis or Iwobi if needed
Strkers: DCL, Dennis + Simms

Would not mind to end up with this type of a squad in the end of the window. Would be an improvement over what we had last year.

I thought force majure had nothing to do with the other clubs. It's something that happens to an organisation/company. I know that covid may have been different but accounting rules normally allow for things such as this. However i am no expert in these matters, it just seems that a decision made by your government shouldn't adversely affect how you account for that decision. It may also be that force majure can only be applied to contracts, as i said I'm no expert.
Force majeure is a legal term, not an accounting term. The closest accountancy equivalent to force would either an exception or an extraordinary’s item. Both have to be included for FFP (and profit and sustainability) purposes. The only way around this is to get a temporary rule change, such as was permitted for covid. Hence getting 13 other clubs to vote for it when none of them would benefit.

Companies are affected by the actions of governments all the time and they can’t adjust their accounts to pretend it didn’t happen. For instance, the profits at Manchester United took a bit hit (£70m iirc) a couple of years ago due to a change in the US tax code. They just had to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.