Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz overrated......wow.

I wasnt sure on him last summer when we were linked. Not sure how he'll do this coming season. Darwin Nunez could go either way for them as well.

I also wasnt sure on Nunes (Sporting) who we were also linked with as I thought he needed another season there.

If im not wrong the Diaz dial is £37mil rising to £49mil.

Theres a few id sign for Everton for that kind of money over him.

Force majeure is a legal term, not an accounting term. The closest accountancy equivalent to force would either an exception or an extraordinary’s item. Both have to be included for FFP (and profit and sustainability) purposes. The only way around this is to get a temporary rule change, such as was permitted for covid. Hence getting 13 other clubs to vote for it when none of them would benefit.

Companies are affected by the actions of governments all the time and they can’t adjust their accounts to pretend it didn’t happen. For instance, the profits at Manchester United took a bit hit (£70m iirc) a couple of years ago due to a change in the US tax code. They just had to live with it.

I think what @Houghty19 was referring to was our ability to 'manoeuvre' Profit and sustainability (we all throw that in with FFP) rules by including losses caused by Covid.

This would be a loss caused by the Government.

Both of course were due to circumstances out of the clubs control.

Going with the current rumours.

GK: Pickford/Begovic
Defence: Patterson/Coleman; Tarkowski, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate; Mykolenko/Nkounkou
CM: Zinchenko/Doucouré, Winks/Gilmour + Davies as depth
AM: Iwobi/Dele
Wings: Gordon/Dobbin, Gray/Lewis-Potter + injured Townsend + Dennis or Iwobi if needed
Strkers: DCL, Dennis + Simms

Would not mind to end up with this type of a squad in the end of the window. Would be an improvement over what we had last year.
That starts to look pretty decent, but I wonder based on the current links to multiple midfielders plus the fact our defence works best as a 3 if a 352 might end up our best formation, with Gordon perhaps adjusting to the second striker position in competition with Dele. If Richy goes Gray and Gordon are our only two current wing options so a 433 / 343 that relies on wingers leaves us needing additional signings to the midfielders.

I think what @Houghty19 was referring to was our ability to 'manoeuvre' Profit and sustainability (we all throw that in with FFP) rules by including losses caused by Covid.

This would be a loss caused by the Government.

Both of course were due to circumstances out of the clubs control.
You can’t do that. Losses caused by the government are still losses and still have to be included for Profit and Sustainability purposes. The only reason that covid was different was because a special dispensation was proposed by the PL and agreed by all the clubs. UEFA did the same for FFP. This simply is not going to happen for the Ukraine war.

That starts to look pretty decent, but I wonder based on the current links to multiple midfielders plus the fact our defence works best as a 3 if a 352 might end up our best formation, with Gordon perhaps adjusting to the second striker position in competition with Dele. If Richy goes Gray and Gordon are our only two current wing options so a 433 / 343 that relies on wingers leaves us needing additional signings to the midfielders.
Could make sense. A way forward could also involve playing Iwobi or Patterson as RWB and Gordon or Gray as a false left winger in that 3-5-2 formation. That would help our RWB to find space bombing forward while Mykolenko would find help on his side. If Zinchenko comes, we could possibly even find our new version of Baines/Arteta/Pienaar in Myko/Zinchenko/Gordon. Alternativelly we could switch the formation if we play Nkonkou or even Zinchenko as our LWB, then it would probably make sense to play Coleman as our RB, while Gordon would be some sort of a false RW? Maybe.

In the end it may look like: Coleman/Gibson?, Keane/Holgate, Tarkowski/Godfrey - Iwobi/Patterson, Doucouré/Dele, Winks/Gilmour, Zinchenko/Davies, Mykolenko/Nkounkou - DCL/Dennis, Gordon/Gray

On the paper I like a creative solution like this... the other thing is if it would ever work. :)

Could make sense. A way forward could also involve playing Iwobi or Patterson as RWB and Gordon or Gray as a false left winger in that 3-5-2 formation. That would help our RWB to find space bombing forward while Mykolenko would find help on his side. If Zinchenko comes, we could possibly even find our new version of Baines/Arteta/Pienaar in Myko/Zinchenko/Gordon. Alternativelly we could switch the formation if we play Nkonkou or even Zinchenko as our LWB, then it would probably make sense to play Coleman as our RB, while Gordon would be some sort of a false RW? Maybe.

In the end it may look like: Coleman/Gibson?, Keane/Holgate, Tarkowski/Godfrey - Iwobi/Patterson, Doucouré/Dele, Winks/Gilmour, Zinchenko/Davies, Mykolenko/Nkounkou - DCL/Dennis, Gordon/Gray

On the paper I like a creative solution like this... the other thing is if it would ever work. :)
Yeah I was just having a play about with formations and it's possibly the position that offers the most options in terms of flexibility and cover options: for example, Zink can cover Myko allowing Myko to cover at LCB if needed, and Iwobi can in theory cover three of the positions. Also offers the best possibility of getting a tune out of Dele in his natural position. Assuming we sell Richy and try to get Allan / Mina / Gomes off the wage bill something like this could be financially achievable (assuming Gallagher & Winks are loans).

Screenshot 2022-06-25 at 17.33.42.png

Yeah I was just having a play about with formations and it's possibly the position that offers the most options in terms of flexibility and cover options: for example, Zink can cover Myko allowing Myko to cover at LCB if needed, and Iwobi can in theory cover three of the positions. Also offers the best possibility of getting a tune out of Dele in his natural position. Assuming we sell Richy and try to get Allan / Mina / Gomes off the wage bill something like this could be financially achievable (assuming Gallagher & Winks are loans).

View attachment 171332

You both may want to consider Wolves using Moutinho + Neves to great affect in a 2 man midfield.

Something to think about.

View attachment 171332
That would get us relegated.

….perhaps because he only played 24 league games and they finished bottom. He’s played 58 games whilst in this country and never scored a goal, 15 for Scotland and never scored a goal.

73 games in open-age football without a goal, 6 in 28 for Scottish youth teams might indicate he struggles outside of age-restriction.
Dont get your point he seems like ,the usual player's we buy.

The worry is losing Richarlison there aint many good players out there to replace him.

12 months ago we could have sealed Diaz before the RS got hold of him. Cant lose a 10-15 goal a season wide player and replace him with a kid from the championship we need a proven out and out starting 11 player imo.
Plenty of players out there who could potentially replace him. But our "scouting" department are incapable of unearthing such talents... especially from abroad

I wasnt sure on him last summer when we were linked. Not sure how he'll do this coming season. Darwin Nunez could go either way for them as well.

I also wasnt sure on Nunes (Sporting) who we were also linked with as I thought he needed another season there.

Got to agree. I think he is slightly overrated

View attachment 171332

Can’t see many goals in that line up

Diaz is really good and will score lots and lots and lots of goals next season.

Going with the current rumours.

GK: Pickford/Begovic
Defence: Patterson/Coleman; Tarkowski, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate; Mykolenko/Nkounkou
CM: Zinchenko/Doucouré, Winks/Gilmour + Davies as depth
AM: Iwobi/Dele
Wings: Gordon/Dobbin, Gray/Lewis-Potter + injured Townsend + Dennis or Iwobi if needed
Strkers: DCL, Dennis + Simms

Would not mind to end up with this type of a squad in the end of the window. Would be an improvement over what we had last year.
Need to do better in attack than those options, much better. And not a lot of goals there all round. We have to maximise the return on Richy, if we don't spend that money well we are in trouble. That squad looks weak to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.