2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont have any reason to sell Richarlison. He's not in his final year of a contract. If we keep our squad rather than get ripped off on Richarlison we still have enough plus a few loan deals to get by.

There's no knife at Everton's throat. We have a load of wages freed up now.

Dont fall for the hype that we need to have a fire sale over Richarlison.
thats the impression I'm getting , its all newspaper talk. Hopefully the kerfuffle over the 'losses' from the last couple of years that were close to the edge of the FFP rules was a way of clearing off some room off the books

yes that would be interested to know if there is any money to be spend if Richy stays. Mina/Gomes are on the list to be sold. But you are right it seems it will only be the Gray/Townsend/Winks type of signings if Richy stays.
We might be able to fetch some pennies for Allan as well who really doesn't do it for me. But we need a squad, and as terrible as a lot of these players are, they do play games for us so if we have a huge fire sale then we'd need to replace them all as well.

It's a really difficult situation but entirely self-inflicted so we have nobody to blame except ourselves.

We need to be very very careful mate, a lot of the names being linked dont fill me with inspiration. Looseing, Bernard, Gylfi, Digne, Jamo and Richarilsion in a calendar year is going to have a massive impact - whatever you think ogf those players of deals they all provided a creative spark, cutting edge and contribution, we have 0 now. This reminds me of Lukaku and Gueye - all good deals i remeber lads saying at the time and it took us years and huge money to replace them -- arguably we never have.

You need to be compensated for your best players, because you shouldn't want or need to sell them - look at Palace with Zaha they told everyone to GTF - because they know his value to them, Kane as well a case in point and here we are, cosying up to the biggest sharks out there, its awful stuff. Richarilsion dragged us over the line the last 10 games, thats worth 100s of millions to us.

Also think there is presumption that any fee will be ploughed back into the club for transfer fees - if i was selling the club and someone threw 10s of million at the balanced sheet id be keeping it there to keep losses down and improving any offer someone would make for the club. As far as i can see we seem linked with frees and loans - red flag city.
Yes mate, and the last sentence is what should be uppermost in all our minds.

Lampard is in a decent position to resist the further dilution of the quality you speak about. He has personal stock with that relegation saving campaign and he needs to capitalise that by insisting he sees no outgoings that aren't bringing back top dollar and it all goes to him.

You're bang on to underline the haemorrhaging of talent and their replacement with journeymen. It's a real danger to expect a still new manager to get a tune out of a lot of mediocre players in a league where clubs are getting stronger.

Would you put it past Everton to recruit poorly and get worse. Im not wholly sure the money will be reinvested myself.

60 mill is a bargain for someone and by accepting it, is us accepting it we are confirming we are a light touch and poorly run - even Palace stayed strong on Zaha. Palace wouldnt sell for 85 mill, becuase they knew the value of him to them, id rather Richarilsion to Zaha and i like Zaha. If we accept 60 mill we confirming to the league we are poorly run and a light touch.

The difference here is that this time 12 months we'll be lucky to get 30m for Richarlison if he doesn't sign a contract extension. We cannot risk losing him for nothing.

If someone paid £60m for Richarlison I think that'd be about right. Would have to pray to god almighty that we can replace him well or it could be curtains.

Think his last statement was cryptic but didn't really point to him wanting to stay. We will only know for sure when and if we refuse a bid from a CL club.
He wont push for it. He's not like Lukaku.

He wants clarity. Hopefully Everton have said to him: "Richy you can go with our blessings. We value you at £80M and you are obvioulsy worth that. Bear with us, we're sure that will be reached. But if it isn't we are building again under a manager you respect. And if you have a great World Cup - which you will - you'll get a chance at a winter transfer window or next summer window if that's what you wish".

He'd easily appreciate that. There's never been any murmuring of him wanting away since he came here. I think he's a good sort, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.