• 👍

• 🤷

• 👎

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruairi77

Player Valuation: £50m
Apparently the Independent are reporting that if this takeover goes through, Kenyon will replace Kenwright as chairman.
I know he was an executive with Man U and Chelsea with great success, also heard some slightly less inspiring stories about links with agents etc.
Personally I think Everton could do with a ruthless business man at the helm.
What are peoples thoughts on him?

Apparently the Independent are reporting that if this takeover goes through, Kenyon will replace Kenwright as chairman.
I know he was an executive with Man U and Chelsea with great success, also heard some slightly less inspiring stories about links with agents etc.
Personally I think Everton could do with a ruthless business man at the helm.
What are peoples thoughts on him?
Varys-game-of-thrones-39743526-268-268.gif

he was great in game of thrones

Great.

Third party ownership of players to come.

That'll make sale of players even more interesting.

The consortium he is acting for is headed up by a serially defaulting estate agent and his family.
The company website is so flimsy it screams ‘DODGY!’
As for Kenyon he too has had the whiff of dodgy dealings about him before now.
I hope we swerve this bunch of cowboys.
Others are allegedly interested let’s hear their pitch,

I’ve said from the start of these talks that these lads aren’t coming in for anything but a successful return on investment and being good businessmen, something Kenwright and his gang of leeches are not. That doesn’t mean pissing money up a wall and also doesn’t mean simply asset stripping, as we have no assets worth anything.

They’ll come in and be ruthless to get success, employ smart people that know how to operate. You don’t commit to spending at least a billion pounds on something without some idea on how to make it a success. This isn’t like Burnley where some lads leverage debt against the club in a bit of a gamble to profit off of PL TV revenue and it’s also not like a United or Liverpool where someone can basically just buy them and coast of guaranteed revenue due to historical performance if they wanted to.

For them to make money Everton need to be successful, I don’t understand how people aren’t getting that. The first step of that is setting the club up in an actual professional manner.

Manchester United were on the verge of signing Arjen Robben, Kenyon jumped ship to Chelsea and immediately offered more with his new club. Robben thus signed for Chelsea and the rest is history.

You could view this story in two ways: a) he's ruthless enough to make such a decision or b) he could do the same thing to us at some point.

I’ve said from the start of these talks that these lads aren’t coming in for anything but a successful return on investment and being good businessmen, something Kenwright and his gang of leeches are not. That doesn’t mean pissing money up a wall and also doesn’t mean simply asset stripping, as we have no assets worth anything.

They’ll come in and be ruthless to get success, employ smart people that know how to operate. You don’t commit to spending at least a billion pounds on something without some idea on how to make it a success. This isn’t like Burnley where some lads leverage debt against the club in a bit of a gamble to profit off of PL TV revenue and it’s also not like a United or Liverpool where someone can basically just buy them and coast of guaranteed revenue due to historical performance if they wanted to.

For them to make money Everton need to be successful, I don’t understand how people aren’t getting that. The first step of that is setting the club up in an actual professional manner.
Absolutely. For these lads to make ANY money from Everton, they first need to ensure Everton make money. So they need to run the club properly and increase revenue

The consortium he is acting for is headed up by a serially defaulting estate agent and his family.
The company website is so flimsy it screams ‘DODGY!’
As for Kenyon he too has had the whiff of dodgy dealings about him before now.
I hope we swerve this bunch of cowboys.
Others are allegedly interested let’s hear their pitch,
in fairness, It's hardly a website, more of a holding page with a blurb. I wouldn't worry that they haven't rolled out a stellar site for an investment opportunity.
And that's besides the point. I'm more just looking for more opinions on Kenyon as a business man, as to his suitability for the roll.

He seems dodgy but it's a dodgy game and we continuously get steamrolled with our theatre impresario.

Status
Not open for further replies.