Peter Kenyon

Kaminiski-Kenyon group

• 👍

• 🤷

• 👎

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how murky the finances behind these guys are (how much money do they really have?) in a way it's a relief to see Kenyon would want to be involved long term. If he thought they were in any way dodgy or under-financed he would pocket his fee for brokering the deal then set off into the sunset. I can't say I like the guy but I can't see him wanting to be involved in a project he didn't think could be successful.

in fairness, It's hardly a website, more of a holding page with a blurb. I wouldn't worry that they haven't rolled out a stellar site for an investment opportunity.
And that's besides the point. I'm more just looking for more opinions on Kenyon as a business man, as to his suitability for the roll.

He seems dodgy but it's a dodgy game and we continuously get steamrolled with our theatre impresario.
Fair enough.
I wouldn’t trust Kenyon as far as I could spit against a hurricane and I don’t want him anywhere near our club.

I’ve said from the start of these talks that these lads aren’t coming in for anything but a successful return on investment and being good businessmen, something Kenwright and his gang of leeches are not. That doesn’t mean pissing money up a wall and also doesn’t mean simply asset stripping, as we have no assets worth anything.

They’ll come in and be ruthless to get success, employ smart people that know how to operate. You don’t commit to spending at least a billion pounds on something without some idea on how to make it a success. This isn’t like Burnley where some lads leverage debt against the club in a bit of a gamble to profit off of PL TV revenue and it’s also not like a United or Liverpool where someone can basically just buy them and coast of guaranteed revenue due to historical performance if they wanted to.

For them to make money Everton need to be successful, I don’t understand how people aren’t getting that. The first step of that is setting the club up in an actual professional manner.

No need for any of that level headedness.
You know the rules. Make up some stuff and be outraged.

Apparently the Independent are reporting that if this takeover goes through, Kenyon will replace Kenwright as chairman.
I know he was an executive with Man U and Chelsea with great success, also heard some slightly less inspiring stories about links with agents etc.
Personally I think Everton could do with a ruthless business man at the helm.
What are peoples thoughts on him?

Wouldn't bother mate you'll just get the happy clappers telling you that the new takeover will strip us of our assets and saddle us debt and ruin this football club.

You know all of those things that kenwright has been doing to this club for the last 20+ years.

Seems its only acceptable to do that to everton if you consider yourself the biggest ever blue.

We won’t get change if we don’t change anything so we don’t have a choice really. I’ll revile him just as much as the previous incumbent if he’s a chancer of course.

Wouldn't bother mate you'll just get the happy clappers telling you that the new takeover will strip us of our assets and saddle us debt and ruin this football club.

You know all of those things that kenwright has been doing to this club for the last 20+ years.

Seems its only acceptable to do that to everton if you consider yourself the biggest ever blue.
yea, I'm of the same school of though as @Baggzio in his great post above.
We don't have the name and revenue streams to coast like the Glaziers.
We don't have the assets to leverage enough for a buyout.
If a takeover is going to happen, it's in their interests for it to work or they'll lose a fortune.
The best way to make it work is to put business people in charge and steer clear of sentimentality.
I think Kenyon is a step in that direction.

Sad thing is there are supposedly 4 different groups after us and I for one would not trust Moshiri or Kenwright to sell us to the right one. Moshiri highest bidders to get as much money as he can back and Kenwright only the ones who keep him on as chairman.
This is totally different sale to Chelsea's, everyone knew about all the bidders, the ins and outs of all the bidders, we are just kept in the dark, as per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.