New Everton Stadium Discussion

Having an asymmetrical stadium is what would make it unique.

Ours will end up being like leicesters, Boros and Brighton's. You've been warned.

Meis mentions 'traditional proper football stadium' and stadiums 'grew up over time'. He has also spoke about BMD in a similar vein. About it being 'organic'.

However I think you're confusing matters. The RS ground is an ugly mess. From both a visual football stadium point of view and from an architectural point of view. It's hideous. They may argue and I suppose rightly so what matters is the inside and what's on the pitch.

And as for "ours will end up being like Leicesters, Boro and Brighton's". Whilst I have reservations myself, do me a favour it's not a generic 'bowl' (which Brighton's is not either). It will be much easier on the eye than their pram stadium. We'll have to see how it progresses some of the CGI images don't show BMD inside and outside as particularly amazing and it needs to be bigger over 60,000.

Only time will tell. I don't see a serious investor buying us outright at the moment.

No. Think this lot looked to see if it was something they could do.

But Mosh isn't wanting to sell outright IMO he wants more investors. Rumour he was going to still have a stake in the club with the consortium

There is going to be a bit of strange about it - always is when your leaving the "what we know". Its not so much the red brick traditional setting ill miss, but Goodison is the biggest bear pit in English football when its rocking, it must be a nightmare to play in, the crowd can win you a game, you can breath down the neck of the oppsistiton, your surrounded, i dont dont care who are when Goodison is up, youve a hard day at the office when you come to play there. Last season a case in point. the ground comes alive, it becomes part of the fans as a whole, the sounds, you can feel it move with the atmosphere, literally.
This new stadium will be compact and the home South Stand has the potential to be a monster. But it'll be very difficult to replicate Goodison's atmosphere in terms of the way that opposing teams have that meander through the terraced streets outside which gives a feeling you're in hostile territory. The new location will neutralise that as it's well out of the way of a neighbourhood and team buses are straight through.

Meis mentions 'traditional proper football stadium' and stadiums 'grew up over time'. He has also spoke about BMD in a similar vein. About it being 'organic'.

However I think you're confusing matters. The RS ground is an ugly mess. From both a visual football stadium point of view and from an architectural point of view. It's hideous. They may argue and I suppose rightly so what matters is the inside and what's on the pitch.

And as for "ours will end up being like Leicesters, Boro and Brighton's". Whilst I have reservations myself, do me a favour it's not a generic 'bowl' (which Brighton's is not either). It will be much easier on the eye than their pram stadium. We'll have to see how it progresses some of the CGI images don't show BMD inside and outside as particularly amazing and it needs to be bigger over 60,000.

Their ground isn't an "ugly mess". That new big stand has made it huge and the anfield end will add to it. Different stands adds character and I genuinely can't comprehend how anyone can insult them for expanding and adding huge but amazing facilities.

Just because a paid architect had told you it is iconic. doesn't mean it is.

It's a generic East and west stand with two tiers and a park end with a stand opposite it which respects the aviva stadium.

With inflation it's a £1bn stadium. Don't shoot people down for asking for the best.

What they can argue and claim legitimately is that their stadium and it's immediate environs are the cradle of football in the city of Liverpool. That's where the game took root - on Stanley Park and where that ground is built on.

We have effectively vacated that space and tradition and they are left there with those particular spoils.

Of course, if there'd have been no Everton then the whole thing never takes shape in the first place.

All roads lead back to us.

We should have the number 1 on our shirts like they do in Germany to denote the originators of football in a city. We should be packaged as 1 Everton FC.

I think you’re wrong.
Guarantees have been given.
Laing Rourke seem very confident that this will continue to completion.
Unsurprisingly given the sanctioning of Usmanov , Moshiri would prefer investment to decrease his exposure somewhat.
But I do think it will be built regardless.
I don’t know if I’m wrong or not, that’s the trouble. And our record over the last few years under Moshiri isn’t exactly one of over delivering.

But there clearly isn’t finance in place to complete the build right now… let’s hope it follows soon

They're building upon an already iconic stadium and giving it HUGE facilities for visiting fans home and away.

They have the benefit of their tourist fans spending £100 average each in the club shop.

We're getting a smaller capacity stadium with nothing to suggest it will have anything like they have expanded on. Their new main stand and anfield road end are bigger than what we're doing.

The anfield road end was always like our gwladys st end but now it's gonna be a huge double decker with a jar 100m of concourse / hospitality behind it.

We're gonna be left behind.

They're building upon an already iconic stadium and giving it HUGE facilities for visiting fans home and away.

They have the benefit of their tourist fans spending £100 average each in the club shop.

We're getting a smaller capacity stadium with nothing to suggest it will have anything like they have expanded on. Their new main stand and anfield road end are bigger than what we're doing.

The anfield road end was always like our gwladys st end but now it's gonna be a huge double decker with a jar 100m of concourse / hospitality behind it.

We are nowhere near Liverpool or Utds level so I wouldn't worry about it.

I think if our stadium kick-starts regeneration off around BMD and bars/retail/hotels etc spring up it'll make our ground a better experience than the pit tbh.

Their ground isn't an "ugly mess". That new big stand has made it huge and the anfield end will add to it. Different stands adds character and I genuinely can't comprehend how anyone can insult them for expanding and adding huge but amazing facilities.

Just because a paid architect had told you it is iconic. doesn't mean it is.

It's a generic East and west stand with two tiers and a park end with a stand opposite it which respects the aviva stadium.

With inflation it's a £1bn stadium. Don't shoot people down for asking for the best.

Personally I have never believed it (BMD) is iconic. I have my own views and reservations. Moaned enough about it.

But people have different tastes. I bet you think the Pier Head ferry terminal or the car park on the back of the Municipal Building are architectural gems.

On that pic alone of Anfield it is hideous. Even West Ham have a better stadium (externally).

The RS left us behind in the 70’s.

…we were better than them for a bit in the ‘80s, events turned against us.
True but they had already become one of the worlds most successful clubs by then.
Our biggest failure ;or one of many at least) was failing to maintain our position during the years of the ban.
Another point is that since the RS were promoted they have seemingly never finished outside the top 8.
We on the other hand have statistically occupied the mid table with occasional forays to the top or down to relegation battles.
That apparent lack of consistency is I think the ultimate reason for the massive disparity between the two sides.
And it now stretches back nigh on seven decades.