2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osman was a brilliant player. Davies is nowhere near him talent wise

I thought Osman was average at best for the majority of the time he played for us, he did have a couple of good seasons when he got called up the England squad, though.

However, he walks in to our current midfield which shows how far backwards we have gone. Davies is nowhere near the standard Osman was, he never will be either.

I thought Osman was average at best for the majority of the time he played for us, he did have a couple of good seasons when he got called up the England squad, though.

However, he walks in to our current midfield which shows how far backwards we have gone. Davies is nowhere near the standard Osman was, he never will be either.
That’s the thing, Osman felt consistently average whilst our average was 7th-4th in the league. Would love it if Tom was as good as Osman.

Always felt Osman was under appreciated by our fans and often played out of position. He didn’t have any pace but his technique off both feet was brilliant. When he did play in the middle despite not having much pace he was often very very good in there. He was shifted by Moyes all over the place though because he was such an effective player, could play either flank, number 10, deeper midfield. He’d walk into almost every midfield position we have now.

Shame we couldn’t have surrounded him with some better players. Him Pienaar Arteta Baines in combo was the business though.

Always felt Osman was under appreciated by our fans and often played out of position. He didn’t have any pace but his technique off both feet was brilliant. When he did play in the middle despite not having much pace he was often very very good in there. He was shifted by Moyes all over the place though because he was such an effective player, could play either flank, number 10, deeper midfield. He’d walk into almost every midfield position we have now.

Shame we couldn’t have surrounded him with some better players. Him Pienaar Arteta Baines in combo was the business though.
I agree , it's funny that he was seemingly only ever linked with Portsmouth during his tenure with us considering "how good" we currently perceive him to have been. Or are we just that bad currently?

I agree , it's funny that he was seemingly only ever linked with Portsmouth during his tenure with us considering "how good" we currently perceive him to have been. Or are we just that bad currently?
He was under rated With us. Once the boo boys have their victim there is no changing their minds.

He played in numerous different positions, was very tidy in possession and scored a few good goals. Plus cost us nothing in transfer fees.

If our squad players were half as good as him last season, we would have finished top half.

He was under rated With us. Once the boo boys have their victim there is no changing their minds.

He played in numerous different positions, was very tidy in possession and scored a few good goals. Plus cost us nothing in transfer fees.

If our squad players were half as good as him last season, we would have finished top half.
I liked him , I remember some mentioning that him and Joe Cole came through at once for England and Osman was considered the better at the time.

Been a big critic of TD in the past but I sincerely hope Lampard can get a tune out of him.
Tbf to him, his positional versatility hasn’t helped him as I feel he’s been used as a filler too often. He’s clearly got / had something about him to be getting starts since he was 18 or so.
Lampard was considered instrumental in releasing the potential of the Chelsea youngsters*, hopefully he can do something similar with Tom and get him firing on all cylinders in a position / role he can shine in.
(*not that Davies is a youngster anymore!)

To be honest he was already part of the best Everton team in the last 15 or so years.

He had a few great games, a few terrible games but a majority of OK games.

His critics are probably a bit too hard on him, his fans a bit too effusive in their praise.

Like most players I suppose.
Been a big critic of TD in the past but I sincerely hope Lampard can get a tune out of him.
Tbf to him, his positional versatility hasn’t helped him as I feel he’s been used as a filler too often. He’s clearly got / had something about him to be getting starts since he was 18 or so.
He's a modern day Alan Harper. Can do a job when needed and doesn't moan about not being in the team.

(TBF Harper had a far more difficult task breaking into THAT team than Davies has had with this one)

If I were Davies I'd be telling the Manager I want to play defensive mid. He has a bit of aggression in him and would probably respond well to support after a crunching tackle or two.

I liked him , I remember some mentioning that him and Joe Cole came through at once for England and Osman was considered the better at the time.
I remember watching West Ham youth play Everton youth in the late 99 Joe Cole stood out by a mile. Still think, despite everything he won, he underachieved.

When TD arrived for training. It looked like a female player had taken the wrong entrance.
I wish I had hair like him.

Tom's worth keeping in my opinion. When he broke into the team, he looked great. I remember him coming on at Chelsea a few years back (we lost of course), and he immediately improved the team and looked as good as anyone on the park, making things happen, keeping the play ticking over.

If Frank can work out his best position and give him a few games there, it'd pay off in the long run. Anyway, he's as good anything else we've got in midfield at the moment, and he's DCL's pal - the two of them are probably popular in the dressing room and we need to build on the team spirit that was shown at the back end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.