2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any Everton player at all that you rate?
Pickford is steady, and I think Mykolenko and especially Patterson can become very important for us. Richarlison is good but not world class, and DCL can be great if he can stay fit and we build a team around him. Apart from that the rest of them are pathetic, with Davies near the very top of the list.

Pickford is steady, and I think Mykolenko and especially Patterson can become very important for us. Richarlison is good but not world class, and DCL can be great if he can stay fit and we build a team around him. Apart from that the rest of them are pathetic, with Davies near the very top of the list.
I thought he had jumped to the top of the threads because he'd been sold; oh well...

Big Season for Tom, he's around the same age that Osman was when he was considered ready for the premiership. Could really be a launching pad if he can work on turning away under pressure after he intercepts the ball.

Big Season for Tom, he's around the same age that Osman was when he was considered ready for the premiership. Could really be a launching pad if he can work on turning away under pressure after he intercepts the ball.

….Osman was held back by serious injury at a critical stage of his development. He was a fantastic youth player, probably only bettered by Rooney of the youngsters I watched over many years. I like Tom Davies but he’s not comparable to Osman.

Pretty simple for me. We're thin in the midfield, he's coming into the season healthy, he'll have a full offseason to train under Lampard who was a great midfielder and has done very well coaching up players. This is his season to stake a claim, or be offloaded.

The only reason he should be staying this summer is because we are thin in midfield and people like Gomes are on higher wages and are older than him. They're both average players and nothing more than squad players at their very best but he'll eventually leave. It's a matter of when, not if and currently we are better off keeping him and letting go of other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.