Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love us to be the type of team that could have an Aguero or Suarez type up top, but unless we unearth an absolute phenomenon that the top teams have missed, or being through another Rooney, it’s not happening anytime soon.

The next level down from the top 6 when you look at the decent PL strikers is either going for a pure speed merchant or a target man.

Vardy Ings Neto Watkins etc.

Jimenez Antonio Mateta etc.

DCL is probably the preeminent striker in the second group and will add goals to our game even just from set piece situations if nothing else.

When fully fit he’s a massive asset for us and of course will make a difference to us going with Richarlison or Rondon upfront.

I grew up on stories of Latchford mate and watched Sharp and Gray, it's in my DNA to love that type of striker

His 2nd half performance against Palace, was one of the best centre forwards displays I've seen. It will sound ridiculous but it was akin to our generations Andy Gray game. I read subsequently he won 15 aerial duals, and most of them were in the 2nd half. It's an insane number of headers. I doubt youd find another game where a CF won more.

It allowed the team to break Palace's press, and ultimately break their moral down. When the ball was as deep as Pickford, we could knock balls that would keep dropping for us in and around their box. There arent many centre forwards who can do that.

It's why Newcastle, even with Chris Wood would not flinch at 60m quid. And that's with major injury concerns.

At university I captained the football team. We had a lad who was a bit rough and ready, and missed chances, but he would get chances nobody else would get. He was 1st name on the team sheet for me. I think it's similar with Dom.

If we keep him fit next season, we finish top half.
I can't wait to see what you come out with if we ever sign an actual good player.

It was the same in the Newcastle game. Even half fit he only came on for a period of time but whereas Richarlison had been ineffective all night against their CBs in the air, DCL brought the first long clearance down on his chest and laid it off to Richy now on the wing. The whole Newcastle defence took a few steps back, same thing happens with the Iwobi goal. They missed the runner because they got sucked into DCL as a focal point.

He just has a different physical presence in that central role to Richarlison and it’s unteachable as a striker, you either have it or you don’t.
The only one recently to match it was Fellaini when he absolutely dominated ManU at Goodison, they genuinely didn't know what to do with him!

His 2nd half performance against Palace, was one of the best centre forwards displays I've seen. It will sound ridiculous but it was akin to our generations Andy Gray game. I read subsequently he won 15 aerial duals, and most of them were in the 2nd half. It's an insane number of headers. I doubt youd find another game where a CF won more.

It allowed the team to break Palace's press, and ultimately break their moral down. When the ball was as deep as Pickford, we could knock balls that would keep dropping for us in and around their box. There arent many centre forwards who can do that.

It's why Newcastle, even with Chris Wood would not flinch at 60m quid. And that's with major injury concerns.

At university I captained the football team. We had a lad who was a bit rough and ready, and missed chances, but he would get chances nobody else would get. He was 1st name on the team sheet for me. I think it's similar with Dom.

If we keep him fit next season, we finish top half.
OUR Number 9.

Welcome to the Dom club.

This team which finished 16th last season without Richarlison and with Tarkowski gets relegated.

Cant win games if you cant score....
Technically that's not true mate, you can go down the Allardyce route of playing for draws and just picking up points that way but it's very risky I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.