Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

If this is true (which it could well be if Pogba is signing for Juventus) then could we do a deal to get Denis Zakaria? He's a DM, 6'3" and his salary is reported at €43k per week. Juventus owe us €24M for Kean so perhaps offer to write off say €15M for Zakaria. Juventus will need to reduce their wage bill with the human money pit that is Paul Pogba turning up, that's for sure.
They're also trying to offload Aaron Ramsey, He's been injury prone of late but is still only 31 and when fit would still be an asset. I can feel the wrath as I write this.

They're also trying to offload Aaron Ramsey, He's been injury prone of late but is still only 31 and when fit would still be an asset. I can feel the wrath as I write this.
Nah, he struggled up in the SPL. Ramsey is a player who looked to have everything when at Cardiff but when he went to Arsenal I think Wengers over complex training methods had an impact on him and he ended up with all the injury issues and has never grown into the player he should have been.

Zakaria - you'd think from looking at him that he's a monster defensive midfielder.

He isn't

Positionally he's all over the place and he's had his own injury issues. Better with licence to drive forward. I highly doubt we'd be able to afford the wages he earns at Juve

Nah, he struggled up in the SPL. Ramsey is a player who looked to have everything when at Cardiff but when he went to Arsenal I think Wengers over complex training methods had an impact on him and he ended up with all the injury issues and has never grown into the player he should have been.
He didn't play much in SPL - but he'd hardly played at Juve - and he did help Rangers get to the Europa final. No small achievement. Missing that penalty probably cost him getting offered a deal. He won't be cheap wages wise - but it depends how badly he'd want to play at the top level. I've always been a fan so am a bit biased.

He didn't play much in SPL - but he'd hardly played at Juve - and he did help Rangers get to the Europa final. No small achievement. Missing that penalty probably cost him getting offered a deal. He won't be cheap wages wise - but it depends how badly he'd want to play at the top level. I've always been a fan so am a bit biased.

We deserve to be relegated and go bankrupt if we signed Ramsey

Yes because he was injured, he is a total crock mate, he should have walked away from the game years ago for his own good. I work as a physiologist and if you are an injury prone individual unfortunately you need to just accept it, prolonging it out by trying and trying to cling on can cause serious long term damage to the body, trust me I have seen it first hand.

Nah,; he struggled up in the SPL. Ramsey is a player who looked to have everything when at Cardiff but when he went to Arsenal I think Wenger's over complex training methods had an impact on him and he ended up with all the injury issues and has never grown into the player he should have been.
Ryan Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg some years ago; that was the start of his injury problems.

When fit, he's still a very good player, but his injury record is against him. I'm pretty sure his priority is now playing for Wales in the World Cup.

Signing him would be crazy.

Ryan Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg some years ago; that was the start of his injury problems.

When fit, he's still a very good player, but his injury record is against him. I'm pretty sure his priority is now playing for Wales in the World Cup.

Signing him would be crazy.

….being polite, Ramsey didn’t have the impact at Rangers that they thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back