Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perpetually injured players aren't suddenly going to come good and give us 30 odd decent performances a season.

Hot prospects who never quite made it and have been poor for a number of years aren't going to suddenly come good and give us 30 odd decent performances a season.

We sign these sort of players we deserve everything we get.

Perpetually injured players aren't suddenly going to come good and give us 30 odd decent performances a season.

Hot prospects who never quite made it and have been poor for a number of years aren't going to suddenly come good and give us 30 odd decent performances a season.

We sign these sort of players we deserve everything we get.
In a nutshell ??

This year- but ultimately better off next year and the long run.
If he leaves on a free now he costs us 10M,
If he is here for one year and leaves on a free he costs us 16M,
If he sees out his contract he costs us 22M.

Given there are no FFP constraints then we should be doing whats best in the long run- which is get his wages off the books, even if it means letting him leave on a free or small fee, his value isnt going to go up over the next 12 months and he isnt going to contribute for us- we are buying his replacement whether he leaves or not.
If we were trying to simply save money then all you say is correct.
But I don't think this is the issue. The issue is we can't spend money.
Wages can come from the TV money but FFP calculations can't so the wages aren't an issue. They are well covered.
Only time wages can be an issue is if they raise over a set amount year on year (7m I think) but with everyone going this summer this won't be a problem.

Saha was great, and so was Yakubu when he was at his best with us. The way he linked with Cahill at times was brilliant, what a first touch the Yak had.
It was short-lived before the Achilles injury finished him, but if I had to pick one striker of those I've seen at Everton, it'd be Yakubu in his first season.

Had everything I like in a centre-forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back