Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside to everyone saying sell Mina.

Two set of statistics from last season

Games he played.
Played 13, won 6, drew 3, lost 4, 21/39 points

Games he didn't play.
25 games, won 5, drew 3, lost 16, 18/75 points.

Basically him present the team averages what would end up at 60/61 points over a season.
When he's absent extrapolated out wed end up on 27 points.
Its basically the same stats for the last three seasons- relegation form without him, european form with him.

The problem with Gomes is we technically make a loss if we sell him for any less than £8m. With that said, we'd save £120k p/w which adds up to about £12.4m for the remaining 2 years of his deal so that's got to be worth something too surely.
But we will have to pay him a large lump sum to compensate him for the reduced wages he will be on under a new contract for the next two seasons.
He won't leave and take a hit on wages.

As an aside to everyone saying sell Mina.

Two set of statistics from last season

Games he played.
Played 13, won 6, drew 3, lost 4, 21/39 points

Games he didn't play.
25 games, won 5, drew 3, lost 16, 18/75 points.

Basically him present the team averages what would end up at 60/61 points over a season.
When he's absent extrapolated out wed end up on 27 points.
The season before was more stark.

Basically it was around 72 points with him and 42 points without.

He makes an enormous difference.

We need to get at least book price for him or our finances take a hit.
This year- but ultimately better off next year and the long run.
If he leaves on a free now he costs us 10M,
If he is here for one year and leaves on a free he costs us 16M,
If he sees out his contract he costs us 22M.

Given there are no FFP constraints then we should be doing whats best in the long run- which is get his wages off the books, even if it means letting him leave on a free or small fee, his value isnt going to go up over the next 12 months and he isnt going to contribute for us- we are buying his replacement whether he leaves or not.

Taking the bait as you know what I mean mate.

Ok let's break down last season for DCL1287 minutes played, 5 goals, 2 assists.

Going into more depth the period after he returned from the thigh injury until he missed more time when it's been widely stated he wasn't fully fit his production was none existent - personal performance stats show that in distance covered, amount of sprints, aerial duels contested and won (a huge indicator he wasn't right) etc. End product 0 goals 1 assist in over 750 minutes played across 11 games

Then look at the first three games pre injury and factor in the last three of the season post injury and once he'd regained full fitness, every one of his metrics jumps up massively , his end production is 5 goals 1assist in that period in just 520 minutes.

His 2nd half performance against Palace, was one of the best centre forwards displays I've seen. It will sound ridiculous but it was akin to our generations Andy Gray game. I read subsequently he won 15 aerial duals, and most of them were in the 2nd half. It's an insane number of headers. I doubt youd find another game where a CF won more.

It allowed the team to break Palace's press, and ultimately break their moral down. When the ball was as deep as Pickford, we could knock balls that would keep dropping for us in and around their box. There arent many centre forwards who can do that.

It's why Newcastle, even with Chris Wood would not flinch at 60m quid. And that's with major injury concerns.

At university I captained the football team. We had a lad who was a bit rough and ready, and missed chances, but he would get chances nobody else would get. He was 1st name on the team sheet for me. I think it's similar with Dom.

If we keep him fit next season, we finish top half.

His 2nd half performance against Palace, was one of the best centre forwards displays I've seen. It will sound ridiculous but it was akin to our generations Andy Gray game. I read subsequently he won 15 aerial duals, and most of them were in the 2nd half. It's an insane number of headers. I doubt youd find another game where a CF won more.

It allowed the team to break Palace's press, and ultimately break their moral down. When the ball was as deep as Pickford, we could knock balls that would keep dropping for us in and around their box. There arent many centre forwards who can do that.

It's why Newcastle, even with Chris Wood would not flinch at 60m quid. And that's with major injury concerns.

At university I captained the football team. We had a lad who was a bit rough and ready, and missed chances, but he would get chances nobody else would get. He was 1st name on the team sheet for me. I think it's similar with Dom.

If we keep him fit next season, we finish top half.

Good lord this is an over the top post.

Yes he was, but from his return in January he was largely poor. It is a very over the top post.

The post is about the Palace game though. I'm not sure it's over the top in that context.

And yes he was poor for a lot of the games, and you could see clearly way off fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back