Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people dont like this kind of talk, but, hes still got a very high book value.

And in order not to take a massive bath, we would need to clear about 17m for him.

I don't understand how his book value could be £17m. He was signed for like 22? And he is 3 years into a 5 year deal - i.e. 40% remaining. 40% of say even 25m is £10m.

It's also not just book values, but about wages as well. If we sell him now we save 2 years wages. That's as important, if not more important than the fee.

The problem with Gomes is we technically make a loss if we sell him for any less than £8m. With that said, we'd save £120k p/w which adds up to about £12.4m for the remaining 2 years of his deal so that's got to be worth something too surely.

I don't understand how his book value could be £17m. He was signed for like 22? And he is 3 years into a 5 year deal - i.e. 40% remaining. 40% of say even 25m is £10m.

It's also not just book values, but about wages as well. If we sell him now we save 2 years wages. That's as important, if not more important than the fee.
I dont either Tim, I worked it out the day and im 95% certain its wrong, but my heads hurting today and it wont think.

22m over 5 years 120k wages.

10m per year - 2 years remaining 20m minus 10.2m 2 years wages saved

9.8m is the break even amount, give or take.

I dont either Tim, I worked it out the day and im 95% certain its wrong, but my heads hurting today and it wont think.

22m over 5 years 120k wages.

10m per year - 2 years remaining 20m minus 10.2m

9.8m is the break even amount.

The possible wage savings over 2 years are likely to be more than any potential fee.

A loss on sale could presumably be offset by wage savings. I think £8m would be an excellent fee, but even £5m is surely a good fee for us.

As an aside to everyone saying sell Mina.

Two set of statistics from last season

Games he played.
Played 13, won 6, drew 3, lost 4, 21/39 points

Games he didn't play.
25 games, won 5, drew 3, lost 16, 18/75 points.

Basically him present the team averages what would end up at 60/61 points over a season.
When he's absent extrapolated out wed end up on 27 points.

Games he played.

Games he didn't play.

Basically him present the team averages what would end up at 60/61 points over a season.
This is not because he's irreplaceable but because our replacements are championship players

Games he played.

Games he didn't play.

Plus he’s out of contract at the end of the season so if he wants another one elsewhere he’ll have to prove his fitness

I bet he’s available for at least 25 games this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back