Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is and I know you will disagree, but we arent even sure if the players you mentioned are good enough.

Thats the downside of buying younger players, im well aware of the upside.
Would you say that Myko, Patterson, Branthwaite, Nkounkou and Gordon would be "Good enough" for a 25 man squad?

I'd suggest only Nkounkou has some work to do.

Whatever funds we have needs to go on players in that age bracket. Chukwuemeka has been mentioned/suggested from Villa at £20mil. England u19 captain.

Surely it makes more sense to sign MGW + him over Cornet.

Lampard/Thelwell this window should be going for high potential English kids...theres enough experience in the squad.

Didn't Lamps say he wants a six last night? I do agree though it's a shambles we finished 16th and so far we have weakened ourselves in reality, Tarks helps the defence but losing Richy means we don't have the unpredictable now either...
I hope not. It's bad enough reading on here that people are wanting us to sign a player to play a position that hasn't been in use for about 30 years, we're absolutely doomed if our manager thinks the same

Must be expecting ALL of Doucouré, Davies, Mykolenko, Coleman and Gomes to simultaneously have the season of their careers because they'll all need to be chipping in with 3-5 goals each at this rate.

Holgate and Godfrey not good enough
Godfrey was definitely overhyped in his first few months. He was only flying into tackles because he has zero positional sense. Holgate is a superior defender right now.
The fact tarkowski is our only decent centre half and he has no protection from the midfield because Doucoure and Allan are jokes is a cause for concern

the fact we are not prioritising a centre half and a 6 is worrying
Lampard has already said he really needs a dependable 6. Having Tarkowski in the defense improves whoever is alongside him.
Why are we not utilising the loan market if we have limited funds

We have 50 mil from richarlison and two loans would cost a fraction of that
Loans generally happen when all other business is done and managers can see how the squad looks.

We'll buy 1, maybe 2 in the next 2 weeks and then grab a loan or 2 on deadline day.

If we get a couple of midfielders are actual starting 11 isnt too bad its just any injuries ( which obviously happen) we are done

Status
Not open for further replies.