Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t say that though?! I said clubs don’t build teams around players who aren’t match winners, that’s a very different thing to saying success is built on match winners. I was replying specifically to someone saying that Gilmour is a player you need to build your whole team around. Tiki taka football is the exact opposite of building your entire team around one player so I’m not sure why you’re referencing that, and while modric is a brilliant player I don’t think Real Madrid have ever built their team with a view to accommodating him.

Agree to differ so mate! ;)

The Chelsea lads on here, would say he needs to be a central focal point in terms of playmaking through the centre, Tuchal doesn't play that way, hes more functional in the engine room, with an athletic and defensive midfield for solidity and threat coming from his wingbacks, and midfielder covering, that's not Gilmour's game. But the lads would say he's very talented. Im not sure Chelsea dont wont him, he just doesn't fit at the moment, they extended his contract by year quite recently.

Ive heard conflicting reports on his time at Norwich, really the only outlet they had was Puki who was well flagged, the wide players came very deep and Puki often well marked and as the only outlet, in that sense you are holding the ball until the wide players join the play, as you say yourself he played the ball out side their a lot, but probably because it was the best thing to doo to hold possession. Im actually happy he got that experience at Norwich, not every year can be a CL winning year and he needed to experience life under the kosh and adversity. Dean Smith, is a bit of kick and rush merchant as well and the managerial change didn't help. If you look at it, other highly ratted young creative players struggled there last season like Dowel and Cantwell.

Im not sure there isnt a long line of suitors for them the above links says there are multiple PL teams interested in him taking him this season.
Chelsea extended his contract so they had the chance of enticing in some mug club to cough up cash for him.

Mate, I've seen this lad play like everyone else. Dont try and polish a turd. he is quite obvioulsy not good enough for any team who even have modest midtable aspirations...and he wasn't good enough for a team last season who could barely score a goal.

I am not sure if you could be more wrong.

You build from the back , get your goalkeeper and defence sorted.
Then you get a solid midfield that can defend as well as create and lastly you know have the foundations to create chances for your forwards.
Im confused now. You appear to be saying that nobody builds their entire team around a tidy ball player and then saying I couldn’t be more wrong for saying the same thing.

Maybe there’s a difference in the way we’re interpreting ‘build your team around’. To me, it seemed like the poster was saying that the team would need to be set up specifically to accommodate gilmour in order for him to be successful. I’m saying that won’t happen for someone who isn’t a match winner. It’s possible he just meant that he needs to be in a team which plays a certain way in order to get the best out of him, but to me that isn’t ‘building your entire team around him’ it’s just him being suited to a particular style of play.

Chelsea extended his contract so they had the chance of enticing in some mug club to cough up cash for him.

Mate, I've seen this lad play like everyone else. Dont try and polish a turd. he is quite obvioulsy not good enough for any team who even have modest midtable aspirations...and he wasn't good enough for a team last season who could barely score a goal.

Obviously a consideration, the lads performances for Chelsea are there and at a high level for his age, given that and investment its the clever play.

You are into judgement now and that where we differ, his face doesn't fit at Chelsea at the moment, but if w are trying to turn the oil tanker around and Lampard implements a possession based philosophy like we suspect he might, this lad is of the highest quality that may be on the market. If we sack Lampard after three months and employ Sean Dyce, then Gilmour is utterly redundant id agree. Its weather we back this manager or not, because if he implements this style, Gilmour is an amazing addition.

Apart from that i trust my eye and this lad has incredible talent and a very high ceiling if developed right.

Behave yourself mate. If he was that good he wouldn’t have struggled at Norwich, nor would Chelsea be so happy to see him go.

He’s a little midget who has half decent technical ability that’s it.
Mate, England can’t dictate games because they don’t have a certain type of player. Show me an English player like Gilmour

Status
Not open for further replies.