Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we'd let him go a bit easier than this guy thinks.

You’d think it would be obvious but I wouldn’t count on it - remember Morgan Schnederlin. One of the most loathed players in our recent history. When he eventually left the club he did an interview saying there was an offer for him the previous season and he wanted to go but the club begged him to stay for one more year.

Impossible to fathom the reasoning of those running our club.

Tbh I’d rather we just signed 3 or 4 who can go straight in the team and make us stronger.
Always think that if you sign more than 4-5 players it can really mess up the dynamic of a team. Takes a long while to settle particularly with promoted teams as they come into the season with good morale following promotion.

I very much doubt it. We will be doing our business in the last couple of days of the window. Ins and outs apart from the odd development player loan. It is what it is.

We've had 3 consecutive years of heavy losses. Some of this can be offset to covid. The next accounts will be better and a second year of decent figures will likely see us clear of FFP regs. But this season we will be handcuffed again.

So end of window loans and bargains it will be. No point moaning about it. Just accept it for what it is and fingers crossed for some decent signings in the last couple of days. We've done it before on occasion.

Boooooooooooooo

Ok I’ve read the Wolves forum and I think I’ve probably overrated Dendoncker. I thought he was an upgrade on Doucoure but they sound like they couldn’t care less if he goes:

‘Can’t pass, can’t shoot, can’t tackle’
‘Got progressively worse since he’s been there’
‘Would happily take £15 million’

Welcome to Everton.

Ok I’ve read the Wolves forum and I think I’ve probably overrated Dendoncker. I thought he was an upgrade on Doucoure but they sound like they couldn’t care less if he goes:

‘Can’t pass, can’t shoot, can’t tackle’
‘Got progressively worse since he’s been there’
‘Would happily take £15 million’

Welcome to Everton.
Sounds like he’d fit right in

Always think that if you sign more than 4-5 players it can really mess up the dynamic of a team. Takes a long while to settle particularly with promoted teams as they come into the season with good morale following promotion.
As recently as last year this was proved not to be an absolute. Palace did exactly this, and had a significantly better season than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.