Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at current free agents, since we have no money. Would anyone be happy with the following (linked to etc). Obviously I know this is Championship Manager pie in the sky thinking, but I think the below would improve us

Jason Denayer (CB), 27, released from Lyon
Serge Aurier (RB), 29
Florian Grillitsch (DM), 26, released from Hoffenheim
Matias Vecino (30), CM. Previously linked under Carlo
Isco (30), AM
Dries Mertens (35), LW / SS
Artem Dzyuba (33), CF - tall AF
There's also Belotti (experienced striker, decent scoring record, got a bit about him that would help him transition to the Prem) and Zagadou too (BIG left footed centre back, good age with room to improve)

French Football media company L'Equipe, linking us with French winger Alassane Plea. Currently in Germany with Borussia Monchengladbach, the 27 year old is going into the final year of his contract and may be available for as little as £7m. His former club Nice and Marsaille are also interested in bringing him back to france.

He could be a good option to replace Richarlison, similar levels of goals and assists across a similar number of games. Cam play wide left, right and through the middle and at £7m certainly cheaper than Cornet or Dennis.

He's actually 29 so although cheaper than Cornet or Dennis there's no chance of a return on investment. As a cheap stopgap measure maybe at a push but it would be a desperate measure with no long term value.

There's also Belotti (experienced striker, decent scoring record, got a bit about him that would help him transition to the Prem) and Zagadou too (BIG left footed centre back, good age with room to improve)

My first two freebie signings on FM this year were Belotti & Zagadou.

Belotti is banging them in at a rate of knots, and Push Pineapple is like a young Baresi at the back.

?

What is the point in having a director of football if we're only going to overpay for players in the premier league?

As much as I hate to say it, if we're in a position where we're asking for loans or purchases on tick, we're more than likely looking at players from clubs that can not only afford to be charitable, but with whom we generally play ball when it comes to selling our own assets.

French Football media company L'Equipe, linking us with French winger Alassane Plea. Currently in Germany with Borussia Monchengladbach, the 27 year old is going into the final year of his contract and may be available for as little as £7m. His former club Nice and Marsaille are also interested in bringing him back to france.

He could be a good option to replace Richarlison, similar levels of goals and assists across a similar number of games. Cam play wide left, right and through the middle and at £7m certainly cheaper than Cornet or Dennis.

He'll be 30 in March, and we would likely have to pay him big wages. Plus, he I don't think he is quick enough for England.

This is the kind of signing that got us into this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.